Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New Member (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member (sort of)

Hey everyone,

My former user name was HopefulA3Owner, but seeing as I took the plunge and decided to go with an A3, I figured I'd change my name on the boards. My local dealer located a Monsoon Grey A3 Premium Plus, and I am just awaiting delivery. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive it home on Thursday, 12/18. Thanks to everyone who answered the questions that I had in recent weeks, it was a great help. I look forward to becoming a part of the Audi community!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quattro_Quattro
Hey everyone,

My former user name was HopefulA3Owner, but seeing as I took the plunge and decided to go with an A3, I figured I'd change my name on the boards. My local dealer located a Monsoon Grey A3 Premium Plus, and I am just awaiting delivery. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive it home on Thursday, 12/18. Thanks to everyone who answered the questions that I had in recent weeks, it was a great help. I look forward to becoming a part of the Audi community!
Good color, I had to go with silver this time because I've had three other cars in the dark gray. Always classy, yet easy to maintain. Premium Plus is the best value spec too. Did you get any extra options with it?
Old 12-12-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome aboard, Quattros!
Old 12-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aj6
Good color, I had to go with silver this time because I've had three other cars in the dark gray. Always classy, yet easy to maintain. Premium Plus is the best value spec too. Did you get any extra options with it?
Yep, Sport Package and MMI Navigation Plus. Wasn't really in need of the navigation, but it was the only way I was going to get the car I wanted in time for the Season of Audi event. Plus, the dealership is getting me out of my current lease, so the money pretty much equals out. Nothing available in the Northeast with Prem Plus, Sport and NO Nav...I guess most automakers these days think most people don't know where they're going, lol.

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Welcome aboard, Quattros!
Thanks! Looking forward to my first Audi!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:27 AM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, Sport Package and MMI Navigation Plus.
You did really well then. I've actually learned to love the navigation, as it works extremely well and is the best in class in being able to create multi-leg routes on the fly.

I have the sport package as well, and B&O. Couldn't be happier. Now all you gotta do is put in the rearview camera and you'll be all set.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea, I'm interested to see how I'll like the Nav. I drive a similar route most of the time, so I don't really need it, but I've read a lot of positive reviews about it. And the Audi Connect seems like a nifty thing to have as well, I'll see if I extend it past the trial period. What exactly comes with the B&O option? I'm figuring upgraded speakers, but anything else? And I'm actually pretty surprised that it didn't come with a backup cam. My wife's Chevy Cruze came with one!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea, I'm interested to see how I'll like the Nav. I drive a similar route most of the time, so I don't really need it, but I've read a lot of positive reviews about it. And the Audi Connect seems like a nifty thing to have as well, I'll see if I extend it past the trial period. What exactly comes with the B&O option? I'm figuring upgraded speakers, but anything else? And I'm actually pretty surprised that it didn't come with a backup cam. My wife's Chevy Cruze came with one!
Drivers assistance package is required for the Premium Plus trim level for a back up camera. I do agree that a backup camera should be standard on a Plus trim level but then again, Home Link is not included even on the Prestige so all rational is out the window.

The B&O has 14 speakers and a subwoofer. Definitely the best factory stereo I have ever heard.

The navigation is amazing because it can search Google for addresses or Points of Interests. I love that feature! Plus I love driving with navigation, seeing the upcoming street names especially on a dark rainy night.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats and welcome!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drober30
Drivers assistance package is required for the Premium Plus trim level for a back up camera. I do agree that a backup camera should be standard on a Plus trim level but then again, Home Link is not included even on the Prestige so all rational is out the window.

The B&O has 14 speakers and a subwoofer. Definitely the best factory stereo I have ever heard.

The navigation is amazing because it can search Google for addresses or Points of Interests. I love that feature! Plus I love driving with navigation, seeing the upcoming street names especially on a dark rainy night.
Thanks for the answers! I read a little about the Homelink, but since this is my first Audi, I guess I really can't miss out on it. And ya know, I never even thought about using Navigation in the dark rain. That could definitely help.

Originally Posted by Tsle
Congrats and welcome!
Thank you! This forum is awesome, everybody so welcoming.