Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No Interior Trunk Release on Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Interior Trunk Release on Cabriolet - SOLVED!

We've all done it a million times: You start the car, then realize you need to pop the trunk to get something or in order for your passengers to put their luggage inside. Problem is, unlike the A3 sedan, the 2015 A3 Cabrio has no trunk release inside the passenger compartment! I tried using the trunk release on the key fob but that doesn't work with the engine running. The only solution it seemed, was to bend down low in order to see the keyhole under the lip of the trunk lid, and open it with the physical key (my car has keyless operation, so this is rather annoying, not to mention awkward). Well, the service department didn't have an answer, but my genius salesman had an idea. He suggested I try pressing the unlock button on the driver's door. Well, I tried it and voila! It worked. You won't find this information in the owner's manual, and the 2015 A3 Cabrio is so new to the US market that the dealerships don't know about it either. That's why I love this forum. It's all about sharing information. That's how I found out I could get my Voice Command turned on even though it is disabled by default from the factory.

Last edited by Peter8V758L; 02-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GBOY50 (04-17-2023)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
We've all done it a million times: You start the car, then realize you need to pop the trunk to get something or in order for your passengers to put their luggage inside. Problem is, unlike the A3 sedan, the 2015 A3 Cabrio has no trunk release inside the passenger compartment! I tried using the trunk release on the key fob but that doesn't work with the engine running. The only solution it seemed, was to bend down low in order to see the keyhole under the lip of the trunk lid, and open it with the physical key (my car has keyless operation, so this is rather annoying, not to mention awkward). Well, the service department didn't have an answer, but my genius salesman had an idea. He suggested I try pressing the unlock button on the driver's door. Well, I tried it and voila! It worked. You won't find this information in the owner's manual, and the 2015 A3 Cabrio is so new to the US market that the dealerships don't know about it either. That's why I love this forum. It's all about sharing information. That's how I found out I could get my Voice Command turned on even though it is disabled by default from the factory.
Hey, thanks! How did you get voice command turned on??
Old 02-27-2015, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The following is a repost from another thread. Originally posted yesterday...

...Regarding Voice Command in the Cabriolet. I had nothing better to do today so I made an appointment with my Audi dealer to have the Voice Command activated. I spent about an hour there, and when I got my car back the voice command was operational. Woo Hoo! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL.

NOTE: This coding change was not possible with model years prior to 2015 according to my dealer. I had spoken to my salesman in advance, who contacted the service department, who then contacted Audi because they had never done it before, and did not have the codes/instructions to do this procedure. Sure enough, Audi provided them with the necessary codes and instructions to carry out the job. The point is, notify your dealer ahead of time to make sure they have the ability to perform the job. If they're like my dealership, they'll need a few days' lead time to get the information from Audi as this process is new for 2015, at least according to my dealer.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For A3 sedan, where is that unlock button? I cannot find it.

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
Old 05-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gabyavra
For A3 sedan, where is that unlock button? I cannot find it.
I believe it's a setting. You need to set all unlock when you unlock your car.