Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

OBDeleven vs Carista

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDeleven vs Carista

Just looking to do nothing but reset the lovely "inspection due" message. Which one of these tools is the best bang for my buck. Briefly looking at them both, it seems you need to have the Carista Pro version to complete this task? Any additional costs outside of the actual device for the OBDeleven tool to do the same? Did a forum search but there is just took much data to look thru to find the quick and dirty answer I am looking for.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've been wondering the same thing and it seems as though OBDEleven so far is the go-to on this forum. However, the app is Android only and not available for iOS. Carista plays in both so if you plan on using an iPhone, Carista is your only choice.

Corrections welcome.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't see one and not sure about the "credits" and how those work with the OBD but there is no annual fee with it like Carista right?
Old 02-22-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KGRAY0616
Don't see one and not sure about the "credits" and how those work with the OBD but there is no annual fee with it like Carista right?
You only need credits to use "apps". Apps are coding changes that do a certain task automatically for you. You can still do it the long way for free. Video in motion is an example (100 credits). Most are 10 credits and you can stock up on free credits every day, 5 or 6 free per day just for looking at an advertisement.

obdeleven has way more capability than carista.

You can basically use obdeleven as a replacement for vagcom, long coding, adaptation etc.

If you don't have an android device just grab a cheap tablet or old phone.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have been using ObdEleven since I got it for a couple of months. Very sleek and easy to use. Used on both my s3 and my gf's a5 without any problems.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the input, seems like OBDeleven is the way to go. Might as well get my order placed.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recent OBDEleven adapter myself. Like it very much. Got the Pro version and paid about $12 for 100 credits. Or there abouts. Allowed me to make numerous changes quite simply and painlessly. I can recommend it. At least for what I required.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

Note that Ross-Tech has introduced a new cable/software package, the HEX-V2. It has access to all of the comprehensive Vag-Com features plus added compatibility for the newest Audi models. $199 for 3 VINs.

Ross Tech announces new HEX-V2 diagnostic cable - AudiWorld
Old 03-06-2017, 02:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, now that I have this in hand can someone direct me on how to reset the "inspection due" warning light? Love to see all the options available with the PRO version but I cant find anything on how to reset this? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ValBoo
I have been using ObdEleven since I got it for a couple of months. Very sleek and easy to use. Used on both my s3 and my gf's a5 without any problems.
I want to use it for rear brake pad replacement which requires the EPB to be retracted. Do you know if OBDeleven can do that? Thanks in advance!!

Quick Reply: OBDeleven vs Carista