Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Out the door price on S3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out the door price on S3?

So I am in the market for new car and the S3 sounds like the perfect vehicle to me.

I haven't bought a new car in the USA in a long, long time and thought I best do my due diligence.

I understand that on really high demand cars it is hard to get below MSRP but figured I would ask and also figured this might be a good reference for others.

So how much are people paying out the door on, say, a Prestige?

Kind of unrelated but I have been pricing the CLA45 AMG as well and so far have gotten quoted the 51k with TT&L included. That is a 6% tax rolled in there so that is definitely under MSRP on a similarly "high demand" vehicle.

If I could do 47k out the door I would probably go for the Prestige S3 but can I do better?

thanks for your thoughts!!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by meestursparkle
So I am in the market for new car and the S3 sounds like the perfect vehicle to me.

I haven't bought a new car in the USA in a long, long time and thought I best do my due diligence.

I understand that on really high demand cars it is hard to get below MSRP but figured I would ask and also figured this might be a good reference for others.

So how much are people paying out the door on, say, a Prestige?

Kind of unrelated but I have been pricing the CLA45 AMG as well and so far have gotten quoted the 51k with TT&L included. That is a 6% tax rolled in there so that is definitely under MSRP on a similarly "high demand" vehicle.

If I could do 47k out the door I would probably go for the Prestige S3 but can I do better?

thanks for your thoughts!!
You can read other threads about the deals people are able to make. If a dealer had an S3 in stock right now (very rare) I would expect they would want MSRP. Those of us that placed recent orders are unsure of delivery dates. I did receive a 6% discount due to ACNA supplier affiliation program.

If there are many Audi dealers in your area and they want to compete with each other and MB, you could get some discount. You would have to be willing to play the dealers off of each other.

Others will give their opinions.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmmm

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
You can read other threads about the deals people are able to make. If a dealer had an S3 in stock right now (very rare) I would expect they would want MSRP. Those of us that placed recent orders are unsure of delivery dates. I did receive a 6% discount due to ACNA supplier affiliation program.

If there are many Audi dealers in your area and they want to compete with each other and MB, you could get some discount. You would have to be willing to play the dealers off of each other.

Others will give their opinions.
Thanks,

So far it has been difficult to get a straight answer from any dealer on any model/brand. So far the only real success was Benz offering to eat the TTL on the CLA45 which is over 6% so that gives me hope for the S3. Honestly not sure if demand is as high as they try to make it out to be as it seems every dealer has a couple of S3s right now.

Anxious to get more input.

BTW I was having trouble finding any other threads where price was discussed and found similar threads to mine very helpful on other forums so I started one.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 PM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

No doubt demand is high. No Audi dealer around me (NY) has a demo car, or had their launch cars sold/rerouted to be sold somewhere else. Best I got was 3% off MSRP without ACNA.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

3% off to paying sticker seems to be most dealers. From the dealer point of view why do they want to discount a car that they have no inventory in. You can actually do pretty good negotiating on an s4 though. Where it is almost the same price as or little less than sticker for an s3. Made me really debate which car I wanted to go with
Old 09-03-2014, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No doubt..

Originally Posted by D-Nice
3% off to paying sticker seems to be most dealers. From the dealer point of view why do they want to discount a car that they have no inventory in. You can actually do pretty good negotiating on an s4 though. Where it is almost the same price as or little less than sticker for an s3. Made me really debate which car I wanted to go with
The S4 is a fine machine as well. I would have to think about that hard as well.

So you were looking at Prestige S4 at about 48k or what?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best deal that we can get is 6% off of MSRP with ACNA membership and $750 Audi Loyalty owner rebate (if financed with Audi Financial). Combined they can save $3,750 off $50,000 S3.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmmm

Originally Posted by meestursparkle
The S4 is a fine machine as well. I would have to think about that hard as well.

So you were looking at Prestige S4 at about 48k or what?
I guess I will shoot for 6%.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Now that there have been a few more purchases, I'm curious what prices people have been paying.

My S3 is scheduled to arrive in about 5 days. The best the dealer is willing to do is 4% off MSRP. I joined ACNA about 3 months ago, so I can't get the 6% deal yet. I'm pondering telling them to refund my deposit, and that I will just order another one right away from the nearby competing dealer. By the time that one arrives, I'll have my ACNA certificate.

Has anyone been able to get better than 4% off without ACNA discount?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whatever you do, do NOT pay a mark-up… and if you are planning on buying any extras (Maintenance, tires and wheels warranty or lease protection plans) definitely haggle on the sticker price and/or the extras… they are pretty high margin for the dealer.

Quick Reply: Out the door price on S3?