Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Panther Black and Child Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther Black and Child Seats

For those of you with the Panther Black S3, any regrets with that color? Is the "purple" that prevalent? Would you get the same color again? I've seen it on a cloudy day and it looks like a black pearl color. I know in the sun it's different.
Other thing is would 2 car seats fit easily in the back with 2 toddlers comfortably sitting in them with no compromise to seating position of the driver?
Anyone try to put a double stroller (or one bulky stroller) in the trunk yet? Haven't actually looked at the trunk before since I am staring at the exterior sexy design so much lol.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

forward facing seats are ok, no limitations.
double stroller will be really tough, but I haven't tried. doubtful.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have two car seats in mine, super comfortable, the anchors are easy to reach and use too.

Stroller fits fine in the trunk.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

its purple
Old 07-28-2015, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went Mythos Black because the Panther Black did seem purplish to me. But it's still at attractive color. Besides, you aren't actually moving slow enough for people to really see the color, are you?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I went Mythos Black because the Panther Black did seem purplish to me. But it's still at attractive color. Besides, you aren't actually moving slow enough for people to really see the color, are you?
Lol...I like the last statement and question that follows. The only person that will enjoy the color up close will be me and the officer that will pull me over lol
Old 07-29-2015, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFreak666
Lol...I like the last statement and question that follows. The only person that will enjoy the color up close will be me and the officer that will pull me over lol
Panther Black implies stealth! You won't get pulled over. And it's just a 4 door sedan. My coworkers give me grief about it looking like a bland black 4 door. To law enforcement it doesn't really stand out unless you're doing crazy, stupid speeds. I'm quite OK with the stealth factor. I've worked with stealth technology in the USAF. We considered it a force multiplier.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the Panther Black as bad or worse than a regular black car with showing everything? I wasn't sure if the crystal effect helped at all or hurt.

My local Audi dealer has one but it is in the showroom so it shows all the fingerprints and smudges. I don't know how much of that is the paint/color and how much that is just due to the interior lighting.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Black, whether Panther, Mythos or whatever, is going to show certain types of dirt and smudges in the right light. On a cloudy day, the previous day's rain doesn't show up as badly as on a white car for example. But black is just hard to keep clean. But when it iS clean, then it's awesome! My opinion of course. The Panther black does have a purplish hue which I didn't really care for. The standard black didn't pop enough for me. The Mythos is basically black metallic and was just right. No regrets on my choice of color. I am able to clean it regularly and it's garaged at night. I do freak a bit in the winter when the yuck accumulates on the car and it's too cold to do much but I frequent the self spray car washes and pressure wash the main grit off when I can.

Perhaps you can get your dealer to take the are outside to get a better view. Or at least find a Panther Black car on the lot somewhere. I got to see Panther Black on an R8 that came in for service.