Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Potential New S3 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin70
There are a boat load of S3 pictures on Pinterest. Go there and enter 'Audi S3' in the search bar.
TBO I can't tell if it has those seats until up pretty close.
I've been able to find a lot of pictures of the seats themselves, but can't find anything that shows the side of the seat that allows you to adjust them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can't tell what car this is in but this looks like it has power adjusted lumbar and manual adjusted incline.

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-wes...81262342-5.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kevin70
I can't tell what car this is in but this looks like it has power adjusted lumbar and manual adjusted incline.

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-wes...81262342-5.jpg
That's a picture of the S3 sports seats (if you zoom in you can see the S3 imprint on the seat). And as people have mentioned, it's a manual adjusted car seat and the only thing powered is the lumbar support.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are pretty but unless there is a substantial benefit i.e weight, comfort etc., I'd never give up the power seats for these.
I would expect a slight weight savings but not enough to gain a performance advantage.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just got word that my 2016 S3 has made it to port and will be delivered within the next 10 days. When I ordered my S3 I was told it would be ready some time late summer/early fall, so getting the call from my dealership was quite exciting to say the least!

Any recommendations on accessories that I should be ordering up for when it arrives? Looking into getting a phone mount and a clear paint protectant coating on the front of the car.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

It's all about "smiles per gallon"
Old 07-03-2015, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikele
It will be five weeks this coming Friday since I took delivery on my US spec S3 Prestige and I am still in love with the car. I wanted a very well equipped, sporty, fast, great handling daily driver and I feel Audi delivered it to me. I added the performance pkg (magnetic ride control, 19-inch wheels with summer tires). The only options I did not select were the Advanced Technology pkg and the rear air bags. I skipped the Adv. Tech pkg because I felt it would be like having a nanny in the car on a 24/7 basis. I've given the car some good exercise and it has done very well in its workouts!

1. The seats are 12 or 14 way powered. With the bolstering and adjustable supports. I've found them excellent and very kind to my occasionally bad back. I think they would need to go up a notch if I were going to drive the car in competition. The US spec S3 does not have an option beyond what I am referring to. The leather is very nice and good quality.

2. See above. I wouldn't change my option choices if I were reordering.

3. It's a great ride and I think it delivers excellent value. The CLA 250 is mediocre at best and the AMG version is horribly overpriced and under equipped. Equipped comparably to my S3, it would cost about $10,000 more. I did seriously consider a M235i and liked it a lot, but I needed four doors, it would have cost another $3500-4500 (with xdrive and comparable equipment) and no dealers within 75 miles of my indicated any willingness to move from MSRP.

The B&O sound and the MMI Plus system are excellent and quite easy to learn.

4. Negatives: Lack of storage compartments, a phone dialer that does not have the ability to recognize programmed in PINs and extensions in your contacts, no memory function for the seats and ... I find it unreal Audi supplies a 30-pin connector for Apple mobile devices and expects you to spend either $60 for a lightning connector cable or $30 for an adapter. 30 pin devices haven't been manufactured in three years and you buy a car of this expense and they cheap you on this? It bugged me enough to contact Audi of America who was very good about it and provided the lightning cable at no cost to me. Some reviews say the cabin is rather stark and not plush enough. I disagree completely. It's a nice clean and uncluttered look. Only once did I have an issue with a delay in the tranny kicking down when I nailed the accelerator. My understanding is this is a combination of programming and the engineering. There are some driving techniques which can avoid that issue. You should't have to, but it can be done. I have read it results from the structural design of the DSG. R, 2, 4 and 6 are run by one clutch and 1, 3 and 5 by the other and that is what creates the issue and the gap if you nail it from a standing start and aren't using launch control. Not that it's bothered me. but then again, I'm probably an old fart compared to most of you guys!

So, all-in-all, not huge complaints, just annoyances. Sometimes when I read complaints about the car I feel like I want to remind people they did not buy an S8 or a Porsche. Overall, Audi did an excellent job of delivering performance and value and I am determined to move up to an S5 or Porsche Cayman when my warranty is up.

My dealer has been great and resolved all my issues immediately and at no cost.

Hope I 've helped!
That's funny you are looking to move up to an S5. My lease is up in early '17 and I'm seriously considering the S3 because it is small and has 2 more doors. I love my S5, but I'm reading great things about the S3 and I definitely like the way it looks.