Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Question regarding Convenience Package (2015 S3)

Old 04-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding Convenience Package (2015 S3)

Hi all.

My S3 is a prestige model and convenience package is standard. One of the items included with this package is "interior storage package (12V outlets for rear seat & trunk, nets on side of trunk)".

I don't have a 12V outlet in the trunk and I don't have nets on the side of the trunk. I was just reviewing my order guide paperwork and noticed this. I have this weird compartment on the right side of the trunk, and when I open it, it's empty. Am I the only one?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

The nets refer to the nets on the back side of the front seats. I think the wording is strange because afaik I only have another 12V outlet in the rear seat console. The main benefits of the conv package are the folding mirrors, interior LED lighting and auto dimming compass mirror thingy.

That weird area on the right side of the trunk is for the roadside kit I think (triangle and stuff) There's also random compartments inside for the first aid kit and safety vests. See if you can find them...

Last edited by Syrome; 04-25-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
The nets refer to the nets on the back side of the front seats. I think the wording is strange because afaik I only have another 12V outlet in the rear seat console. The main benefits of the conv package are the folding mirrors, interior LED lighting and auto dimming compass mirror thingy.

That weird area on the right side of the trunk is for the roadside kit I think (triangle and stuff) There's also random compartments inside for the first aid kit and safety vests. See if you can find them...
Here is what I am referring to. This picture is from the Audi accessories collection. It's a picture of a cooler box connected to a 12V outlet in the trunk (with a side net shown as well). It looks like a hatchback, but I'm curious to know if others have the same thing.

Sorry for the poor quality. I zoomed in and took a screenshot.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found the 12V port in the trunk! It's on the left side behind the storage area, which I don't have a net for.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took delivery of a 2.0T Premium Plus Cab with convenience package, and I did have that little net on the right side of the trunk. The sales guy said it was one of the features of the convenience package. What I don't seem to have is a power outlet in the trunk. So...
Old 04-27-2015, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Consistency! I like it! I might have a net that's tucked away somewhere. I got a cargo net but I think that's a PIO option.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
I found the 12V port in the trunk! It's on the left side behind the storage area, which I don't have a net for.

Wow, I guess I should clear my trunk a little! Yep, it's there. I had way too many things in that "storage compartment." Thanks for the picture and tip.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Va_TTer
I just took delivery of a 2.0T Premium Plus Cab with convenience package, and I did have that little net on the right side of the trunk. The sales guy said it was one of the features of the convenience package. What I don't seem to have is a power outlet in the trunk. So...
This is what I have on the right side of my trunk. Do you have the same? The second picture is the compartment open.

Also, did you check the left side to see if the 12V port is there?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BullAudi
This is what I have on the right side of my trunk. Do you have the same? The second picture is the compartment open.

Also, did you check the left side to see if the 12V port is there?
Here's what the right side of my A3 Cab trunk looks like. I'm glad I took this picture, as the flash illuminated....the 12V Port!!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BullAudi
Interesting, I don't have all that plastic stuff in my storage area - its just open after you open the flap. I actually use this area to store all my grocery bags.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question regarding Convenience Package (2015 S3)