Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 front Grill on 8V?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turguin
My 2016 S3 has the adaptable cruise control system, which basically has a cutout for a big orb right under the front license plate. Do you know if this grill has a cut-out for that? (this is in addition to the parking sensors). I really like the look of this grill, it certainly looks great on your car!

I'm just sad I live in a state where the front plate is required

There are no other cutouts besides the two round ones for the parking sensors. I am sure they will come out with something for the adaptable cruise control system, just may take some time. I also live in a state that requires front plates, but I have not had any problems as of yet.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CalSam
Erik, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm running the same setup as you right now, but I'm debating if I should get the all black or with chrome. I initially saw the RS5 at the dealership and fell in love with it. I was hoping our A3 would look just as good.

I had the same issue when trying to decide on the chrome or all black. I chose the chrome because I thought it would stand out a bit more then having it all be black, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by erik83p
There are no other cutouts besides the two round ones for the parking sensors. I am sure they will come out with something for the adaptable cruise control system, just may take some time. I also live in a state that requires front plates, but I have not had any problems as of yet.
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

funny i actually prefer the s3 grill over those
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2015, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I contacted Emmanuele Design about the ACC sensor on their grill (RS3 Quattro Mesh Style Grille - Audi A3/S3 8V Fitment ? Emmanuele Design)

They responded:

We do have provisions for the parking sensors, but not the ACC camera. We hope to have an option to support ACC in the future, but I do not have a definitive time frame.
Hopefully this gets going... I love the RS honeycomb look!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markN1689
funny i actually prefer the s3 grill over those
I just dont get these people who have to black everything out. its like they are compensating or trying to for something. like you I think the standard grill is the best solution. adds something to the design. I think a chrome or platinum mesh grill would be even better.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New grill

Hey all. I'm a proud new owner of a 2016 premium plus 2.0 Quattro I'm scuba blue. I am also thinking about a grill upgrade. Does the whole bumper have to come off on order to swap out. I am really liking the black rs grill. Any help would be thankful
Old 04-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, the entire front bumper needs to be removed in order to install the new grill. There should be instructions online if you want to do it yourself. It is best to do it with at least 2 people and its best to put the car up in jack stands in the front. The entire process probably takes about 2 hours. It is pretty straight forward, a lot of screws and retaining pins will need to be removed from under the car. It is best to remove the two front tires also in order to reach some of the screws from the wheel well.

Originally Posted by Jjc23
Hey all. I'm a proud new owner of a 2016 premium plus 2.0 Quattro I'm scuba blue. I am also thinking about a grill upgrade. Does the whole bumper have to come off on order to swap out. I am really liking the black rs grill. Any help would be thankful
Old 04-13-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by erik83p
Yes, the entire front bumper needs to be removed in order to install the new grill. There should be instructions online if you want to do it yourself. It is best to do it with at least 2 people and its best to put the car up in jack stands in the front. The entire process probably takes about 2 hours. It is pretty straight forward, a lot of screws and retaining pins will need to be removed from under the car. It is best to remove the two front tires also in order to reach some of the screws from the wheel well.
Thanks for the advice. It does suck living in NY that you have to have the license plate on the grill but whatever. Do you think it would be wise to purchase extra clips and or screws for this job incase some break or do they not break. If I do would you know the part numbers. Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did not have anything break on me when I installed my new grill. Just take your time and you should be fine.

Originally Posted by Jjc23
Thanks for the advice. It does suck living in NY that you have to have the license plate on the grill but whatever. Do you think it would be wise to purchase extra clips and or screws for this job incase some break or do they not break. If I do would you know the part numbers. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS3 front Grill on 8V?