Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

siriusxm traffic - Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default siriusxm traffic - Canada

Hey Guys,

just a quick question for you, is it just me or the Sirius traffic trial is not included in my MMI?

When i click "traffic" on the map, i get prompted to call Sirius to subscribe to it

Old 01-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

it should be. I have had problems with the Sirius trial, it kept coming and going. I get it one week and it disappears. I listen to my own music anyways so I didn't bother contacting them. Also to add, the traffic updates for Sirius is garbage.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm running into the same issue. It worked for the first two days and then I got the same screen saying I need to subscribe.

When I contacted Sirius, they were under the impression that the traffic should be included with the 90 day trial. They tried doing a hard reset and had me wait in my car with the unit turned on for 30 minutes. Nothing happened so I called them back today and again they suggested a hard reset which resulted in nothing. I'm not sure if I should bother calling a third time.

Is anybody else having trouble?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

90 day trial is for the radio channels. If you look at the Audi configurator (US web site), it says FOUR years of traffic are included. Is it a different deal in Canada?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikele
90 day trial is for the radio channels. If you look at the Audi configurator (US web site), it says FOUR years of traffic are included. Is it a different deal in Canada?
I haven't been able to find anything specific for Canada saying if we get realtime traffic or not with the 90 day trial. However, the two people from Sirius I spoke to on the phone agreed that realtime traffic should be part of the 90 day trial.

Last edited by pfdude; 02-27-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pfdude
I haven't been able to find anything specific for Canada saying if we get realtime traffic or not with the 90 day trial. However, the two people from Sirius I spoke to on the phone agreed that realtime traffic should be part of the 90 day trial.
Yea I spoke with them numerous times to get this thing configured.
The thing is piece of ****. It worked once, and now it doesn't work. Kinda ****ty for a trial
Old 02-28-2015, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked my salesman to make sure my SiriusXM trial was activated on delivery, and I have had no trouble with the satellite radio or the traffic information. In the US, all 2015 A3's with MMI Plus get 4 years of free traffic coverage, and a 3 month trial of all-access radio (in the car, and on multiple devices like a smartphone, laptop and tablet). The 3 month radio trial is up in a few weeks, so Sirius sent me a special offer to get me to renew it. I got another 6 months (without the smartphone/computer/tablet access which I never used anyway), for the price of 2 months--just under $35. Of course it renews automatically at $17/month after that, so I've set a reminder on my calendar to cancel it before it renews. For less than $6 a month it's nice to have, but with 13 gigabytes of my own music on an SD card in the glove compartment, it's hardly necessary.