Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Sound Enhancing Resonator Kit S3

Old 02-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Emailed my local dealer to see how quick they can get this part in. What are folks getting quoted from their Audi dealer for install time?

TIA!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

The dealerships get fooled. They see it in stock in CA, then they find out that the Canadian warehouses can't ship it to them. Chances are your dealer will call you back. I found it through the Audi accessories website and located one in OR by ordering it through the website.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by METRSHR
Emailed my local dealer to see how quick they can get this part in. What are folks getting quoted from their Audi dealer for install time?

TIA!
1 hour. Mine was $158 for the install (included the labor, tax, etc.).

I ordered the part from Audi wholesale parts for $180 before shipping.

Love the mod. Just the right amount of sound. Idle is louder and the shifts are louder as well (especially above 3k RPMs).

To me, and I have seen plenty of videos, it sounds better in person. Wont be disappointed.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My local dealer got back to me today. I think he's out of his gourd. He wants $352.80 for the part from Canada.

This is not even total installed, just for the pipe. I sent him the link to the Audi site that shows it's listed for $240 and asking why his his price so much higher.

Awaiting a reply...
Old 02-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by METRSHR
My local dealer got back to me today. I think he's out of his gourd. He wants $352.80 for the part from Canada.

This is not even total installed, just for the pipe. I sent him the link to the Audi site that shows it's listed for $240 and asking why his his price so much higher.

Awaiting a reply...
Don't bother. I got mine at the below link. Listed for $180, $210 with shipping and handling. It was the cheapest option out of all the options.

It's the original part, had mine installed a week ago and I'm not disappointed! I had mine installed at the dealer (1 hour labor).

http://www.audiwholesaleparts.com/pa...&siteid=215295

Last edited by BullAudi; 02-18-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks BullAudi!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The person at the Parts department I talked to asked me what the online price was that the Audi website gave me. I said $240 before adding to cart, $204 after signing in and adding to cart ("special online price"), and he didn't say anything that would make me think they're doing a bait and switch only to charge me more for the part. I've read around forums and I know what to expect when they give me an installation cost, if they try to gouge me I'll decline and try another dealership, haven't paid anything yet.

Haven't gotten a call back yet, I'd be disappointed if what easymacgyver ends up applying to my case as well. We'll see. If it comes down to that I'll just order it myself from the link BullAudi provided and bring it to the dealership. Their service department has been exceptional so far with me, so I'm keeping my hopes up.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Canadian dollar is .7 to a US dollar so if you can get it grom a Canadian dealer keep that in mind.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The part did arrive at my local dealer when I called today, so I'm setting up an appointment to get it installed soon. I'll report back with the price including installation and my impressions after it's all done. Exciting!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by leftos
The part did arrive at my local dealer when I called today, so I'm setting up an appointment to get it installed soon. I'll report back with the price including installation and my impressions after it's all done. Exciting!
Let us know how things go Leftos. Looking forward to a video.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sound Enhancing Resonator Kit S3