Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

SPORTBACK TDI / USA arrival

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPORTBACK TDI / USA arrival

Currently in a 06 A3 S-line, Addicted to the WAGON!

I was happy to hear Audi is bringing the Sportback to the USA. TDI only, but I drove it and was pleased (22k of commuting a year = MPG)

?Anyone know more about its arrival date????
2016 Audi A3 Sportback headed to US under diesel power [w/video]

Post up any info you may have!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wanted one as well but wasn't happy about the TDI performance and was tired of waiting. Finally got a 2.0 TFSI. I haven't heard anything since their announcement last summer.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

No quattro, no sale.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to look the E-tron version as the at seems to be coming out first then the TDI sportwagon. Also will be cheaper with the federal incentives. Supposedly from some review, it will get about 40-60MPG... US MPG. I was interested in the etron originally, but it seems like forever when they actually release... they said last summer and still no dice. Kinda the same situation with the Android/Apple Play integration.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
Might want to look the E-tron version as the at seems to be coming out first then the TDI sportwagon. Also will be cheaper with the federal incentives. Supposedly from some review, it will get about 40-60MPG... US MPG. I was interested in the etron originally, but it seems like forever when they actually release... they said last summer and still no dice. Kinda the same situation with the Android/Apple Play integration.
Anyone know the A3 E-tron release date for the US? Dealer said delayed to next year but can't find any information on that. The just released 2016 order guide doesn't show A3 e-tron sadly.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Still haven't heard any firm dates of US release still. Considering that the cars are still not on the 2016 order sheet, I'd suspect not till fall of 2015 will they might start popping up since the US website has "Request more information" up.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Quattro Sportback?

Any hope of a gas-powered Quattro A3 Sportback coming to the US? That would be my car without hesitation. Unless a regular A4 wagon returned. Or the Q3 was built on the new MQB platform.

Last edited by jmacdaddio; 06-23-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmacdaddio
Any hope of a gas-powered Quattro A3 Sportback coming to the US? That would be my car without hesitation. Unless a regular A4 wagon returned. Or the Q3 was built on the new MQB platform.
Recently leaked Audi order sheet indicated that the A3 E-tron would be delivered in October. Although that won't be Quattro.
But we'd get the RS 3 Quattro next year. Won't be cheap obviously...
Old 06-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jmacdaddio
The Q3 is built on the MQB.

It's also highly unlikely they will bother bringing a gas option sportback to the U.S. given that the Golf, GTI, Golf R, Q3, A3 TDI and E-tron all cannibalize that market.

Last edited by sevenpsych; 06-24-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When taking my A3 in for a bad air compressor recently, I spoke to a salesperson about the forthcoming TDI sportback. He quickly told me, though, that I was wrong to consider it forthcoming: Audi has decided that it won't be making its way stateside at all.

Of course, this is anecdotal—he claims that Audi has committed itself only to releasing the sportback in the e-tron. Does anyone else have any similar (or, I hope, contradictory) information from a reliable source?

Quick Reply: SPORTBACK TDI / USA arrival