Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Sway bars and other suspension components

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 21212
For anyone thinking of a spring change or coilovers, you should check out MSS Kits. Fully Adjustable Performance Spring Kits. I used to own a TT RS which had the magna ride suspension. William at MSS developed a spring kit with Eibach that vastly improved the TTRS handling. On the track and off. He now has several versions for different cars. An upgraded rear antisway bar and a set of his springs was a much more cost effective solution than coilovers.

I just received an S3 and the first mod I will make is his sport springs. My TTRS behaved similarly to the new S3.
I was going to go in on their indiegogo campaign, but it was no where near their goal. Hoping that I can still get them for my A3 as they have had some pretty good feedback. However I'm going to wait to see some comparisons of the MSS kit to the HR coilover kit. The coilover adjustability is very attractive to me. Granted I'm sure I'll never adjust them after they are on the car.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
I was going to go in on their indiegogo campaign, but it was no where near their goal. Hoping that I can still get them for my A3 as they have had some pretty good feedback. However I'm going to wait to see some comparisons of the MSS kit to the HR coilover kit. The coilover adjustability is very attractive to me. Granted I'm sure I'll never adjust them after they are on the car.
Do you have magna ride suspension? I believe his solution is focused on Magna Ride. That said, if you go on the Quattroworld TT Mk 2 forum, there are lots of guys who have installed the MSS suspension with Magna ride. I know some of them and everyone is very happy. You can check with William at MSS if you don't have Magna ride about his products applicability for the stock suspension.

I think he is likely to introduce a kit for the 3. He has been able to sell his kits all over the world. There should be sufficient demand between the Audi 3 series and VW R series which share lots of parts.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 21212
Do you have magna ride suspension? I believe his solution is focused on Magna Ride. That said, if you go on the Quattroworld TT Mk 2 forum, there are lots of guys who have installed the MSS suspension with Magna ride. I know some of them and everyone is very happy. You can check with William at MSS if you don't have Magna ride about his products applicability for the stock suspension.

I think he is likely to introduce a kit for the 3. He has been able to sell his kits all over the world. There should be sufficient demand between the Audi 3 series and VW R series which share lots of parts.
I don't have the magride and asked about it, they stated it would work on A3's as well.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

OP, hows the car coming along. I'm picking mine up finally in 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by reyoasian
OP, hows the car coming along. I'm picking mine up finally in 2-3 weeks.
These 2-3 weeks will pass very fast. I am sure you will enjoy your S3 once you get it.

Now about my car. Currently I am extremely busy at work with this tax season that is supposed to end in the middle of april and then I have my freedom back So far I have only H&R rear sway bar and some cosmetic changes (decals, tint, clear bra etc). I purchased front bar and ecs spacer set for stock 19 wheels with mag ride. I will have them installed after the tax season. One thing that I wanted to ask you guys is do you think it is a good idea to upgrade the front end links when swapping front sway bars? I checked underneath the car and the stock end links are tiny. I am not sure if the stock end links can handle the really beefy 27mm sway bars.

Also check out what I found one this website: Eurocode ?SS MQB MK7 Rear Chassis Brace
It is rear strut bar and it is supposed to stiffen the chassis up a bit. Even though on the description it says it fits MK7 GTI on the installation guide an S3 is listed as well. I think if it fits S3 then I might consider that well. There is also this:
Eurocode ?SS MQB MK7 Upper Strut Chassis Brace
but on this front strut bar S3 is not listed so I wonder if this bar fits S3. I need call this company and confirm with them. What do you guys think that?

Last edited by salvadorik; 03-30-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

unhappy with the suspension you are right i had a is250 fsport oh my god that car was so much smoother then s3 A3 big time!!!!!! my wife said it was the smoothest ride i ever had i should of kept the car it was just to slow lol but the ride was awesome !!!!!! i can go over huge bumps and never felt them when in the s3 oh my god its like riding a bicycle over huge bumps in the S3*
ok i lowered my S3 with h&r sport springs now its even worse i really hate this suspension it is junk.*
love the car but i miss my lexus suspension huge difference no compare.
please help me find a way to make this better i need to uninstall the h&r sport springs and put back the OEM Springs i can not stand the ride now it's so bouncy i can not tolerate this no more.
please help!!!! i also buy brand new tires bridgestone 210.00 a tire that did not help rated 80,000 miles still no luck ride was a little better on OEM Springs now with H&R Sport Spring its just not happening