Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Traffic on MMI - Auto re-route - Not very Clear

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Traffic on MMI - Auto re-route - Not very Clear

So does the NAV route you around traffic automatically? I have only been using it for about a week, and still not sure. I see when you are in route you can hit the "traffic" tab and get a list of traffic alerts. Does the NAV route you around them or just make you aware they are there. This morning my NAV took me down a busy road with lots of traffic en route to my work. I was hoping for a sneaky backway that I didn't even know about, but it just took me down the main road with the rest of the Sheep. I looked in the manual, and it mentions TMC and Dynamic route, but I do not see these on my NAV. Please let me know if I am missing something or just haven't been in a scenario to be routed around traffic. I am going to hit lots of traffic over 4th of July and hope my car brings me a crazy way I have never been.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by musantemike
So does the NAV route you around traffic automatically? I have only been using it for about a week, and still not sure. I see when you are in route you can hit the "traffic" tab and get a list of traffic alerts. Does the NAV route you around them or just make you aware they are there. This morning my NAV took me down a busy road with lots of traffic en route to my work. I was hoping for a sneaky backway that I didn't even know about, but it just took me down the main road with the rest of the Sheep. I looked in the manual, and it mentions TMC and Dynamic route, but I do not see these on my NAV. Please let me know if I am missing something or just haven't been in a scenario to be routed around traffic. I am going to hit lots of traffic over 4th of July and hope my car brings me a crazy way I have never been.

Thanks,

Michael
It does not auto-reroute you (to my knowledge). The traffic tab will become "Avoid Traffic" and it will show alternates if you click it

The traffic on the car is poor compared to Google Maps. It really on has main roads, so it will route you to side roads that are just as congested as the highways because it does not have any data for most roads. This is my biggest complaint with the entire MMI system. It makes the traffic feature pretty poor in most situations

Last edited by TorinTPG; 06-30-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The traffic and (re)routing is worthless.

Pretty much anything, but especially apps suchas Google Maps, Apple Maps, Tom Tom, Garmin, etc are infinitely better then the MMI Nav

I love the integration with the dash and the visuals on the screen, but the realtime features and the routing features are horrid.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mej16489
The traffic and (re)routing is worthless.

Pretty much anything, but especially apps suchas Google Maps, Apple Maps, Tom Tom, Garmin, etc are infinitely better then the MMI Nav

I love the integration with the dash and the visuals on the screen, but the realtime features and the routing features are horrid.
Amen! They should let us use our fancy 4G connection to grab real traffic updates imo