Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)

Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Well the setting for them to automatically fold is in the MMI.
I suggest you spend more time with it, you'll find it.

I too use to use the manual **** to fold the mirrors until I found the setting in the MMI that does it automatically on car lock.
What exactly were the steps you did to get the mirror to work? I tried 4 more times last night and got nothing. What I did:
Turn car on (did not start car)
(My parking brake was already on)
Pressed brake and put car into reverse
Moved mirror switch to passenger and adjusted down
Moved gear shifter back into Park.
Turned off car.
Turned car back on and started.
Put car into gear and started driving.
Mirror never moved back up at all.

For the hill hold:
Door closed, seat belt buckled, foot on the brake, click up to engage parking brake, let off the brake pedal. When you are ready to go, press gas pedal and parking brake releases automagically. I did it a few times yesterday and today. Make sure you are at a complete stop, I wasn't fully stopped and pulled up on parking brake, which halted the car pretty abruptly (I don't recommend doing).
Old 07-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you leave the mirror switch on the passenger setting?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The mirror tilt worked for me. A3 P+ w/ Convenience

I tried to initiate the Hold Assist using the E-Parking Break while in Drive but it didn't turn on. I guess I have to be on a hill.

I thought Hold Assist also worked when you at a complete stop and was a way to not have to keep your foot on the brakes when you're at a long Stop-light, or at a Drive-Thru?
I'd love more details on this too
Old 07-23-2015, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
What exactly were the steps you did to get the mirror to work? I tried 4 more times last night and got nothing. What I did:
Turn car on (did not start car)
(My parking brake was already on)
Pressed brake and put car into reverse
Moved mirror switch to passenger and adjusted down
Moved gear shifter back into Park.
Turned off car.
Turned car back on and started.
Put car into gear and started driving.
Mirror never moved back up at all.

For the hill hold:
Door closed, seat belt buckled, foot on the brake, click up to engage parking brake, let off the brake pedal. When you are ready to go, press gas pedal and parking brake releases automagically. I did it a few times yesterday and today. Make sure you are at a complete stop, I wasn't fully stopped and pulled up on parking brake, which halted the car pretty abruptly (I don't recommend doing).
The setting for the Mirror Fold is
1. Car menu
2. select Car systems
3. select Vehicle settings
4. select Central Locking
5. Under Central Locking check the box there for fold mirrors.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The mirror tilt worked for me. A3 P+ w/ Convenience

I tried to initiate the Hold Assist using the E-Parking Break while in Drive but it didn't turn on. I guess I have to be on a hill.

I thought Hold Assist also worked when you at a complete stop and was a way to not have to keep your foot on the brakes when you're at a long Stop-light, or at a Drive-Thru?
only kicks in when on a hill. if on a hill that would otherwise roll the car back it would prevent it and keep it still. if on a level surface it will drive normally and will require you to break to keep it still

seems odd this feature wouldn't always be on? also why would it require you to flip the parking switch to engage? idk
Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The setting for the Mirror Fold is
1. Car menu
2. select Car systems
3. select Vehicle settings
4. select Central Locking
5. Under Central Locking check the box there for fold mirrors.
Oh I meant the reverse tilting, not folding the mirrors. Didn't get that option unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markN1689
only kicks in when on a hill. if on a hill that would otherwise roll the car back it would prevent it and keep it still. if on a level surface it will drive normally and will require you to break to keep it still

seems odd this feature wouldn't always be on? also why would it require you to flip the parking switch to engage? idk
My hill assist works by itself. I thought here was something else that let us take our foot off the brake alltogether.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markN1689

This A3 owner disagrees about only working on a hill. I just started driving down my very flat street. Hit the brake until the car stopped. Left it in D(or S), pressed the parking brake. It engaged. I took my foot off the pedals. Car didnt move, parking brake stayed on. I press the gas, the parking brake turned off and the car drove forward.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Got the fully loaded version (Technik + Tech package & etc) here in Canada and the mirror doesn't tilt, nor is there any option in the MMI car settings for it.
I imagine I'd have to enable it with a VAGCOM cable...
Old 07-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by daves4
This A3 owner disagrees about only working on a hill. I just started driving down my very flat street. Hit the brake until the car stopped. Left it in D(or S), pressed the parking brake. It engaged. I took my foot off the pedals. Car didnt move, parking brake stayed on. I press the gas, the parking brake turned off and the car drove forward.
I'll try this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)