Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, when I read dynamic, I was thinking you were talking about the headlights. I was like wow.

Then you said you can "feel" the difference. Then I was like... 'oh'.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T1no33
Bro, I wish you were my neighbor cause I'd learn a LOT from you. lol
Ha, this car is a giant nerdy experiment for me. Allows my wandering mind to continue to keep tinkering. I'm determined to figure out MOAR! :-P

Originally Posted by gamegenie
lol, when I read dynamic, I was thinking you were talking about the headlights. I was like wow.

Then you said you can "feel" the difference. Then I was like... 'oh'.
I wish I could figure out how to get at least the DLR's to blink "dynamically" like on the concept car. Now that would be a huge wow!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 A3 Premium + with the convenience package and, as far as I can tell, no visible option for folding mirrors either manually (heated mirrors @ 6 o'clock) or through the MMI (Central locking). This must be a separate individual option, a part of some other package, or I'm an idiot and totally missing how to accomplish this
Old 12-07-2015, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Deckman
I have a 2015 A3 Premium + with the convenience package and, as far as I can tell, no visible option for folding mirrors either manually (heated mirrors @ 6 o'clock) or through the MMI (Central locking). This must be a separate individual option, a part of some other package, or I'm an idiot and totally missing how to accomplish this
Most likely if you don't have the fold function on the mirror adjustment dial, you don't have them. Folding mirrors for some reason are a rare commodity, esp with the '16 cars. Only highest level trim get them.

However dipping in reverse, you should have that, if not, take the car to dealership and tell them to enable it, or find a VCD cable and do it yourself. Its helped me from additionally curbing my already messed up rims.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
However dipping in reverse, you should have that, if not, take the car to dealership and tell them to enable it, or find a VCD cable and do it yourself. Its helped me from additionally curbing my already messed up rims.
mroberte, please teach me your ways of getting this to work reliably. I enabled it via VCDS, but even though I'm only adjusting it by dipping downward, it ALWAYS travels too low and returns too high. It's gotten to the point where it's not even helpful, so I un-enabled it. However, I absolutely see a huge value if I could figure out how to get it to work effectively.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sdjaime
mroberte, please teach me your ways of getting this to work reliably. I enabled it via VCDS, but even though I'm only adjusting it by dipping downward, it ALWAYS travels too low and returns too high. It's gotten to the point where it's not even helpful, so I un-enabled it. However, I absolutely see a huge value if I could figure out how to get it to work effectively.
I just followed the directions from the video on the Audi site. I think by default, the dipping is at like 90% in the vcd app (I don't think I lowered the number), and so far I've only had to readjust a few times - however I don't drive the car all that often anymore. Maybe try playing with the value if it allows you. I've noticed that I've been able to get into more vcd modules than most.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just followed the directions from the video on the Audi site. I think by default, the dipping is at like 90% in the vcd app (I don't think I lowered the number), and so far I've only had to readjust a few times - however I don't drive the car all that often anymore. Maybe try playing with the value if it allows you. I've noticed that I've been able to get into more vcd modules than most.
I also followed the instructions on the Audi site, but I even found it wasn't keeping my "programmed" start and stop points. It just sort of did what it wanted (too high return, too low dip). I don't recall there being a value I could set, but maybe I just don't remember correctly. I'll take a look again.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Yes, as I recall, the early A3's (April 2014 release) built before week 17 got $350 credit on their window sticker because the dual HVAC controls were not available.
I had an early 2015 A3 with the single-zone climate control and was able to activate the reverse tilt via VCDS. If I remember correctly, I didn't think it worked initially because I was setting the mirror position memory wrong (after making the VCDS change).
Old 12-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Hill Hold Assist
Didn't understand why some European cars had the extra switch but the US cars had the blank....
The button you are referring to is actually the Auto hold button. It has an "A" on it. This feature is separate from Hill Hold Assist.

The hill hold assist just momentarily keeps the brake (not parking brake) applied after letting go while on an incline to keep the car from rolling backward so the driver has sufficient time to accelerate forward. The Auto hold feature keeps the brake (not parking brake) applied automatically wether on an incline, decline, or level ground, so that the driver will not have to maintain their foot on the brake while at stop lights. The car will not move forward unless the accelerator is pressed. While this feature is in operation, either a green "P" or a green word "brake" is displayed in the instrument cluster.

Here is a demo:

Old 12-11-2015, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
The button you are referring to is actually the Auto hold button. It has an "A" on it. This feature is separate from Hill Hold Assist...
Ahh this makes far better sense, and I could see why you'd want to turn this off. Thanks for posting this video find!

Quick Reply: Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)