Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Where to buy German or Euro outside mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Where to buy German or Euro outside mirrors?

Hoping to find a U.S. vendor, and anti-dazzle driver side for my S3. Drove a TDI A4 in Ireland for the last three years, and I miss the expanded view those mirrors provided. Thanks for any suggestions
Old 01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jberb55
Hoping to find a U.S. vendor, and anti-dazzle driver side for my S3. Drove a TDI A4 in Ireland for the last three years, and I miss the expanded view those mirrors provided. Thanks for any suggestions
Found this on google:

VWVortex.com - Side view mirrors

It contains the part numbers. Try google search.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link to the parts numbers that the previous poster put up is accurate, I can attest, because I'm the one who wrote that post on VW Vortex.

As of August, I couldn't find a US-based company that had them. I was in London that month and bought the convex driver's side mirror from the Audi dealer in North London off the Finchley Road. They had them in stock but would have had to order the aspherical version.

It cost me the equivalent of US$73 (this is heated, but not the anti-dazzle version). I have put it on my A3 and as those who have convex mirrors know, the field of view is vastly improved.

By the way, US Audi dealers can't order these parts. When I gave one the part number it didn't even show up in his database.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the information and experience you shared on VW Vortex and in your reply here. It seems ECS has mirrors for other models; maybe they'll eventually bring in some for us.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bought them at oemvwshop.com. Didn't get around to installing them until this weekend. I couldn't fit my fingers behind the glass... A flathead covered with blue painters tape worked great as a pry tool. Also pulled out all the rear headrests. Visibility much improved. Some small carbon fiber caps to cover the left-behind headrest hardware would be neat
Old 05-19-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jberb55
Bought them at oemvwshop.com. Didn't get around to installing them until this weekend. I couldn't fit my fingers behind the glass... A flathead covered with blue painters tape worked great as a pry tool. Also pulled out all the rear headrests. Visibility much improved. Some small carbon fiber caps to cover the left-behind headrest hardware would be neat
Been trying to pull out the middle headrest for a week with no success.... how did you do it?
Old 05-20-2015, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Were you successful pulling out the two outboard headrests? Like those there is the adjustment button on one "support"... On the other support, there is a small slot to release the headrest. You get at it from the center of the headrest. You have to use a small flathead to do it. If you already know that stuff and still not working, maybe apply constant (but not hard) upward pressure on the headrest while pushing on the screwdriver, then release the screwdriver, and push the adjustment button on the other side. Should pop out. Helpful to angle the seatback forward so the roof doesn't get in your way. Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone have a part number for the middle headrest? I want to swap the outside pair with the middle version. (assuming the posts are all the same dimensions) And I can confirm that the small screwdriver on the post without the tab works for removal.

Also, I think europrice carries the mirror inserts.

Mirror Glass | Aspherical Blind Spot
Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try here... AUDI A3/S3/SPORTBACK/QU. [A3] (EUROPE) 2013 [8V-D-000 001 >>]: BODY: 88570. BACKREST, SPLIT Different p/n's for different covers