Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Why not a 335 Xdrive? Talk me out of this...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

335? Boring, too Common, and S3's features blows the 335s away. Also overpriced. There's a reason why they are cheaper and offer all these intensives. Probably slower and less fuel efficient than the S3 as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
335? Boring, too Common, and S3's features blows the 335s away. Also overpriced. There's a reason why they are cheaper and offer all these intensives. Probably slower and less fuel efficient than the S3 as well.
Now THAT is an answer that helps!

Figures that you're a fellow biker too (my pangale got rear-ended - I'm uninjured - shopping for a new one now).
Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Now THAT is an answer that helps!

Figures that you're a fellow biker too (my pangale got rear-ended - I'm uninjured - shopping for a new one now).
Panigale... Nice. I'm looking at a S1000rr but insurance for that is more than my car.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost bought a 335 last year. They were going to put me into a fully loaded 335 msport manual for less than I paid monthly on my 135 msport manual. Car is too big for me as a daily right now. When my family is bigger, yes, but with my 1yr old and myself only in my car 90% of the time, I wanted a small vehicle. Wife has an a4 avant for bigger things.

Plus things like led headlights, bang and Olufsen, and Audi connect are not available in BMW.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by EGainer
I almost bought a 335 last year. They were going to put me into a fully loaded 335 msport manual for less than I paid monthly on my 135 msport manual. Car is too big for me as a daily right now. When my family is bigger, yes, but with my 1yr old and myself only in my car 90% of the time, I wanted a small vehicle. Wife has an a4 avant for bigger things.

Plus things like led headlights, bang and Olufsen, and Audi connect are not available in BMW.
Thanks Gainer, yeah, size is something to consider, I like something closer too go-cart but can't stomach a mini, in-fact S4 felt to big, but just slightly.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Thanks Gainer, yeah, size is something to consider, I like something closer too go-cart but can't stomach a mini, in-fact S4 felt to big, but just slightly.
If you listen to yourself, this is why you shouldn't get a 335 - it's as big as an S4 (maybe bigger?). You should be looking at the M235i x-Drive if you're cross shopping the S3. More power, newer design, and smaller than 335. I think it's a serious winner. The 235i is a coupe so if you need the 4 doors that's something, but it's not like the S3 will have any more leg room in the back.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

When you ask to be talked out of it I think you know your inner voice is saying Audi, Audi, Audi... You just want to hear it out loud. Audi. There. Better?

Seriously it is just a car. Get the toys you want while you can enjoy it. If you don't like a toy, get another toy. Or collect em all. Even better.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Transfer
If you listen to yourself, this is why you shouldn't get a 335 - it's as big as an S4 (maybe bigger?). You should be looking at the M235i x-Drive if you're cross shopping the S3. More power, newer design, and smaller than 335. I think it's a serious winner. The 235i is a coupe so if you need the 4 doors that's something, but it's not like the S3 will have any more leg room in the back.

I agree he should be cross shopping the 235, but the s3 is bigger. I can't put my car seat behind my driver's seat in my 135, and when it's behind the passenger seat, the seat is almost at the front of it's tracks. Only my wife can fit in the seat in front of him. In the s3, I can put the car seat behind me which means another adult can ride in the front passenger seat too.

I love my 135, but a few more inches and 4 doors allow me to get more usable space while keeping overall vehicle size close
Old 08-31-2014, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Transfer
Yeah, I just discovered that you can get xdrive in the 2 series, seems like real competition, going to check it out tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SamLV
When you ask to be talked out of it I think you know your inner voice is saying Audi, Audi, Audi... You just want to hear it out loud. Audi. There. Better?

Seriously it is just a car. Get the toys you want while you can enjoy it. If you don't like a toy, get another toy. Or collect em all. Even better.
True, true, that damn voice... Not to mention how much I love my dealer, don't want to cheat on them, particularly with a bimmer, they'd mock me forever.

Quick Reply: Why not a 335 Xdrive? Talk me out of this...