Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Yay or nay? RS3 Quattro grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yay or nay? RS3 Quattro grill

Old 11-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im not personally fond of the quattro lettering, I have the RS3 grille on my car from USP Motorsports which has has it without the lettering
Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deadboltpoison
Im not personally fond of the quattro lettering, I have the RS3 grille on my car from USP Motorsports which has has it without the lettering
Do you have the front proximity sensors on your car? If so, does they grill cause them to constantly alarm? At least 3 others that I've talked to that have this grille says the fitment is just a tiny bit off enough to trigger the front parking sensors.

I really like the RS3 grill, but I think having the front sensors go off all the time would drive me nuts.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tsyndr
Do you have the front proximity sensors on your car? If so, does they grill cause them to constantly alarm? At least 3 others that I've talked to that have this grille says the fitment is just a tiny bit off enough to trigger the front parking sensors.

I really like the RS3 grill, but I think having the front sensors go off all the time would drive me nuts.
I love this grill. However, I too am concerned about the front proximity sensors. Can someone who has them, with this grill, confirm not having any problems. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock s3 grill 100% looks better.

Something looks odd about the s3 or a3 with rs3 grill

Yet the rs3 with rs3 grill works perfectly fine for me.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The grill does look pretty slick. But I think it would only work on a contrasting color. Like the blue in the picture, or red or white. Would not work on my black car. Too much black then. I like the chrome bits on my car to accent the windows, grill, etc. Good luck with your decision!
Old 11-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do have the front proximity senors on my car and they do go off from time to time but it isn't a consistent thing
Old 11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deadboltpoison
I do have the front proximity senors on my car and they do go off from time to time but it isn't a consistent thing
Hmm... that makes you 4/4 people i've asked that have that problem. Not always a problem tho.. i'll have to sleep on it. Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if you can dremel out the parts covering the sensors....
Old 11-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tsyndr

I'm reverting back to the OEM Grill since my sensors give me problems. I have the same Grill which is in picture.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sthree21
I'm reverting back to the OEM Grill since my sensors give me problems. I have the same Grill which is in picture.
Well now you make the 5th person, so far 100% of the time there are issues with the front sensors. Too bad.. really like the look. I'll probably pass on the grill then.

Quick Reply: Yay or nay? RS3 Quattro grill