Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2007 A3 S-Line questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 A3 S-Line questions

Hi! I just picked up a very nice 2007 A3 S-Line last weekend and I am really, really enjoying it. Sure, it was hard to give up the C4 Avant, but we all have to make sacrifices, right?

The only thing that I've found to be wrong is that the headlights are pointed straight at the ground. I know that they can be adjusted using Vag-Com, but is there anything I can try before my Vag-Com arrives? How much adjustment is available using the manual adjusters?

The other frustrating thing is that there is no Aux. input or Bluetooth on the fancy-pants Nav. system (RNS-E?). What can be done to add the aux. jack and is Bluetooth even supported?

Thanks for any responses, even off-topic advice or warnings would be fine!

Hans
Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I use these interface from Enfig car stereo on my 06 A3. The price is decent and easy install.

Audi iPod iPhone iPad AUX & USB Car Interface Adapters EnfigCarStereo.com
Old 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply and the link, but I still can't figure out if I need extra equipment to use Bluetooth. My car has the mount for the phone cradle in the armrest, but I get a "telephone not installed" message. Is it just a matter of activating the phone functions?
Thanks again,
Hans
Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mine is S4 2007, I have the same issue exactly and do not know what is the reason???? I went to the dealer workshop and the manager there tried to connect an iphone 5 cradle to the armrest, the iphone shows (Audi UAH) bluetooth but still do not work, he says that you have to buy the cradle (according to your mobile device of course) to connect through bluetooth, I do not think he is correct since as per the car manual there is a bluetooth function built in the car and using it through the cradle ONLY is a none-sense
I also started a thread in this regard here in the forum https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...rns-e-2887412/,
any feedback are welcomed
Old 10-30-2015, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You don't need the cradle. if your car has the voice button on the right of the steering wheel you can do it. I have an 07 A3 and was able to do it by following the instructions in the book to my iphone 6. All I had to do was turn on the car. I had the Bluetooth already open. As stated above you should see the car as Audi UAH. Select it and you should get a prompt for a pin. The pin should be 1234 but you can confirm that in the book. Enter it and your done.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

As for the AUX. I have had experience with a few options and my favorite is the iSimple products. They also have an option if you don't have the Hands free in your car.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've tried pairing and I always come up with "No nearby Bluetooth devices." When I press the TEL button it says "Telephone not installed". I decided to check the fuses and there was nothing in the #47 slot, which is supposed to be telephone, according to the owner's manual. When I tried to insert a fuse it just fell out as if there was no actual receptacle for a fuse. I'm starting to think that despite the cradle mount in the armrest, my RNS-E does not have phone functionality. Sad.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

On a happier note, I did find a factory-type aux input. Installation was easy and I'm expecting a package from Ross-Tech tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

second on the Enfig, works like a charm
Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

to adjust the headlights...all you have to do is park it outside about 15 feet facing a wall or closed garage door. Pop the hood and look for the up and down dial. It's usually a white..frosty clear plastic looking thing sticking straight up and it has this cone shape molded into the ends. Turn your headlights on and track the amount of up and down movement on the wall. Theres a formula around somewhere that says if your on a flat ground...X feet away from a wall..the beam should hit X inches high from the ground for maximum distance light throws.

Quick Reply: 2007 A3 S-Line questions