Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2007 A3 S-Line questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also..if you have the nav unit..look in the glove box for an aux adaptor connection. If you see the connection on the side of the glove box inside it..then you might just need to get a cable. I have a 30 gig Ipod classic connected to mine. it has bluetooth...so I sync my phone to that if I want Pandora.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jumping in on this thread.....I have the same issue.
I bought a used A3 S Line and everything was fine with the lights then one evening they came on and were pointing at the ground about 10 feet in front of the car. I should point out that the "leveling" sensors are both broken but have been since I bought the car.
I found the manual adjusters but even at maximum adjustment they are no where near high enough. When I say "maximum" I mean I feel the adjuster come to a stop, I forced one on a Mazda once and broke a $1300 headlight unit so I'm reluctant to push this further.
So, my question is......the motors that control the bulbs steering control, do they also control the beam height, presumably from the leveling sensors. Since my sensors are broken somehow the beams were ok until the other day. Could it be that the setting was "forgotten" by the system, went to default and needs reprogramming using a VAG COM ?
Another question. Are the bulb angles controlled independently from the whole unit. What I mean is, do the bulbs have a range of movement that I can't access without VAG COM so what I've done by moving the manual adjuster is move the whole unit with the bulb but the bulb still has more movement to do within the unit which is leaving my aim still too low ?
I don't have VAG COM and I'm reluctant to buy one if this isn't the cause of my low headlight aim.

Hope someone can throw some light on this..... ;-)
Old 10-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Ride height sensors

In my case I found out that when I had the rear jacked up, the ride height sensor went past maximum and "flipped" in the wrong direction (toward the center of the car instead of toward the wheel), making the car think its nose was pointed at the sky. Once I "flipped" it back everything was fine. I would probably try to fix or replace your sensor rather than make any more attempts at manual adjustment. The initial setting and the operation of the leveling motors has everything to do with the sensor. The adjustment screws are only used for fine tuning.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scoutii304
In my case I found out that when I had the rear jacked up, the ride height sensor went past maximum and "flipped" in the wrong direction (toward the center of the car instead of toward the wheel), making the car think its nose was pointed at the sky. Once I "flipped" it back everything was fine. I would probably try to fix or replace your sensor rather than make any more attempts at manual adjustment. The initial setting and the operation of the leveling motors has everything to do with the sensor. The adjustment screws are only used for fine tuning.
Thanks for that, both my sensors are broken, the metal pipe shaped connector has snapped off the piece of the sensor that bolts to the control arm, front and rear. The sensor (front one at least) still works when I move the pivoting arm but I don't think it can be MacGuyver'd :-(
Why do these cars have two and can I just replace the front one for now ?