Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A3 Newbie

I have had my A3 for almost a year and suddenly, I have been plagued by the notorious electrical issues. Within one month, my Airbag light, ASR light and Check Engine light have all come on. Also, my climate control is not working due to the blower not blowing at all. And my outside mirrors don't adjust and all but one of my windows won't roll up or down. Lastly, my rear window wiper is stuck about a third of the way through it's span and seems to have blown a fuse.

That said, I have done some research and had some scan codes collected and I think I know what is going on with some of this. First, the CEL is likely due to both a bad thermostat as well as a CAT. Second, the Airbag light may be due to a minor accident I was in recently but the ASR light came on at the same time and it's the drivers side airbag according to scans. Third, The blower for the climate control was squeaking for some time before it just quit so I suspect either a bad blower motor or need of lube. The windows and the mirrors not mentioned above are likely due to broken/shorted wire in the drivers door hinge and I have repaired a harness before with these symptoms on my VW T4 and all was resolved.

Anyone had success with DIY on any of this stuff? I really want it to be back to normal. Real fun and efficient car.