Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

AC/Heater Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Heater Problem

I have the start of a slightly whiffy AC/heater system. I replaced the pollen filter with an activated charcoal filter 2 days ago, the previous 1 was a standard pollen/cabin filter. It's the start of bacteria. It's the smell of flowers that are over a week old. I have been advised to get an AC cleaner bomb which i did (Normfest Viro One Shot from ECP) & it didn't resolve anything & after doing a little more research i have come across varied opinions as to where to place it. Some have suggested pushing the passengers seat all the way forward (Halfords Air Bomb Cleaner) & others have said push it all the way back (the air bomb that i used) that's why i would like to know exactly where the recirculation intake is so that i can place it facing that. Also there's conflicting info regarding what HVAC settings to use with it being the dual zone climatronic system, obviously recirculation on but some say AC on & others AC off. It's a minefield of info out there!! The smell is only mild but i can see if it's not taken care of soon it will get worse & for some strange reason it's at it's worst immediately after start up!?! I am perplexed!! A block diagram of exactly how the HVAC system works & where the airflow goes would be very helpful but i don't know where to find 1. Searched but unable to find for my car. Has anyone had this problem & resolved it? If so, can you advise me as to the exact method you used & which air bomb you used. I was also wondering if i should take the pollen filter out before i use the air bomb otherwise might it absorb some of the ant-bacterial agent? Any help is much appreciated!!