Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 > Audi A3 / S3 / RS3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi A3 / S3 / RS3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Chief of Goat control
Account #: 20

Send a message via MSN to Kris Hansen
Default Audi introduces the technologically advanced 2015 Audi A3 and S3 sedans, A3 Cabriolet

Click the image to open in full size.

Audi introduces the technologically advanced 2015 Audi A3 and S3 sedans, A3 Cabriolet and A3 Sportback e-tronŽ PHEV

Audi of America officially announced plans today for the arrival of an entirely new family of premium compact cars, including three body styles, five new unique engines and seven variants.

This all-new Audi A3 lineup begins with the A3 sedan, which goes on sale in the spring of 2014. The A3 sedan plays a pivotal role in the soon to be expanding Audi A3 family and will be priced from a base MSRP of $29,900. It will be joined later in the fall of 2014 by the Audi A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI clean diesel sedan, the high-performance S3 sedan and in early 2015, the A3 Sportback e-tronŽ gasoline electric plug-in hybrid (PHEV).

Read the full story..
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 26005

Default What do you think...

When can we expect order guides?

Understand only the 2.0 TFSI will have quattro. Really interested in clean TDI.

What would be the difference in handling between a FWD vs. AWD A3? Will I be disappointed with a FWD A3 compared to my quattro A4?

Thoughts

2014 Q5 TDI (Prem+,Cuvee Silver,Pistachio Beige,Layered Oak,Nav+,B&O,Side Assist,Rear airbags,Hitch) Delivered 10/11/2013

Priors: 2011 A4 2.0T - FUELLY 22.4 mpg (traded for S3), 2010 Q5 3.2 (traded for Q5 TDI), 2005 A6 3.2 P+ (lease end), 2001 A6 2.8 P+ (lease end)
DennisMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Chief of Goat control
Account #: 20

Send a message via MSN to Kris Hansen

The order guides are a dealer thing, we don't have access to them..

At this point it's hard for me to even guess how the A3 TDI sedan will compare to the A3 TFSI quattro sedan, but in past experience with the previous generation A3 TDI 5 door, our basic come away was that they were insanely fun to drive. Lack of quattro means lighter weight and less drivetrain loss to name 2 advantages..

It also means you get a bit of torque steer, and with a diesel that's certainly a concern, but not a deal breaker by any means. Obviously we don't have any real world experience with the new chassis yet, but we hope to get some soon, and we hope to be able to do back to back comparisons with a quattro car and a fwd car.

Because we're so used to quattro, we did find that it was difficult to adapt to fwd on low friction surfaces, so we did find the front tires clawing for grip here and there.

If you live in an area where snow and ice really aren't a problem, I'd say you'll have no worries with a FWD car. If you want it purely as a commuter car, where you can use one of your other quattro cars on the really bad days, I'd say go for it.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 265179

The 1.4 TFSI etron powertrain is rather interesting and appealing.

But I have to wonder how this will play out long term though. If the TFSI kicks in when quick acceleration or boost is required, what does this do to the motor that might actually be cold and be called to work at higher revs right away?

I wish they'd tell us more, and I hope they have some complex algorithms that may take into account the operating constraints of an IC motor. Or is this 1.4 TFSI something special that works just as well cold or hot?

I guess we will find out more in time.
oceanbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2015, a4, advanced, audi, discussion, forum, s3, sedan, technologically