Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Audi Navigation Plus in 2007 Audi A3 2.0 S Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Navigation Plus in 2007 Audi A3 2.0 S Line

Hello everybody,

I am a long time audi fan, and I have always wanted one. I recently made one of my dreams come true by purchasing one (listed in the title) and I love it! It is used of course, and has it's issues.

In hoping that I could get settled in the this community and learn from you guys, in hoping to share my gained knowledge in the future, I would like to ask for some help in addressing my first issue.

I am very new to Audi's, I have practiced only very small things on the Nissan 240 series, so I apologize if I ask anything that should seem obvious.

The Navigation Plus in my A3 does not work. In the darkness of the night time I can press the power button and see the screen try to flick on, sometime you can even see what appears to be red lines and writing of the menu screen. But, the screen then goes black and stops working. I can very, very faintly hear something attempting to work in the Navigation Plus. I am not 100% positive that it is coming from the product - maybe 93%!

For the first week of owning the vehicle, I pressed random buttons on the in-dash and nothing happened. I did not realize that the navigation was supposed physically move and fold down (revealing the two SD slots and DVD tray) until I had viewed it on YouTube. I went back to press the button, and it still did not work for a day or two.
While picking up a friend one evening, I randomly pressed the button to open the in-dash and poof! It opened for the first time. Now, it will open every now and again when I press the button, but not every time - it is very spontaneous. I still have no positive signs of working the system though. I have no access to the screen, or making music come out of the speakers at all - however, when I press the power button, I do see the dashboard change for the digital speedometer to some sort of menu for the in-dash.

Advice? What do you guys suppose are my potential options?

Thank you very much in advance,
Bry
Old 10-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you're seeing the Nav & music data displayed on the Drivers Information System (DIS) between the instrument gauge clusters, it sounds like the display is having problems. I'm not sure there's a solution for this other than replacing the unit. If if it were me, I'd replace with an aftermarket unit with the latest technology (smart phone integration, etc.).
Good luck!

Originally Posted by airkeyahguh
Hello everybody,

I am a long time audi fan, and I have always wanted one. I recently made one of my dreams come true by purchasing one (listed in the title) and I love it! It is used of course, and has it's issues.

In hoping that I could get settled in the this community and learn from you guys, in hoping to share my gained knowledge in the future, I would like to ask for some help in addressing my first issue.

I am very new to Audi's, I have practiced only very small things on the Nissan 240 series, so I apologize if I ask anything that should seem obvious.

The Navigation Plus in my A3 does not work. In the darkness of the night time I can press the power button and see the screen try to flick on, sometime you can even see what appears to be red lines and writing of the menu screen. But, the screen then goes black and stops working. I can very, very faintly hear something attempting to work in the Navigation Plus. I am not 100% positive that it is coming from the product - maybe 93%!

For the first week of owning the vehicle, I pressed random buttons on the in-dash and nothing happened. I did not realize that the navigation was supposed physically move and fold down (revealing the two SD slots and DVD tray) until I had viewed it on YouTube. I went back to press the button, and it still did not work for a day or two.
While picking up a friend one evening, I randomly pressed the button to open the in-dash and poof! It opened for the first time. Now, it will open every now and again when I press the button, but not every time - it is very spontaneous. I still have no positive signs of working the system though. I have no access to the screen, or making music come out of the speakers at all - however, when I press the power button, I do see the dashboard change for the digital speedometer to some sort of menu for the in-dash.

Advice? What do you guys suppose are my potential options?

Thank you very much in advance,
Bry
Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MRYFLYGUY
If you're seeing the Nav & music data displayed on the Drivers Information System (DIS) between the instrument gauge clusters, it sounds like the display is having problems. I'm not sure there's a solution for this other than replacing the unit. If if it were me, I'd replace with an aftermarket unit with the latest technology (smart phone integration, etc.).
Good luck!
That's pretty unfortunate. I didn't really want to have to drop that much money out-the-door on something other than the engine. But that's okay - it'll be nice once I've done it.

Could you recommend me a good brand/model that I should look in to? Or - if you don't want to do my thinking for me - could you maybe at least refer me to a website you would trust purchasing an in-dash from for a good product and price?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i have a 2012 US spec A3 TDI and live in Europe. I was told that he European DVD for the navigation will not work in my US Audi. i know it doesn't work because i bought the DVD from the Audi dealership. has anyone ever had this issue or know if there is a way to make it work?