Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

New A3

Old 05-04-2014, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shs92645
I was at my local Audi dealer yesterday getting a part replaced on my 2011 A3 quattro premium plus and had a chance to sit in the new A3 sedan, although I did not drive it. I was not very impressed, especially given the nearly 38K sticker price on a vehicle that looked to me like a VW Jetta - especially the wheels.
Did you look at it side by side with a Jetta? I am a 2014 A6 owner, and your first impressions were somewhat similar to mine. But there was a 2014 Jetta at this VW + Audi dealership, and boy if you feel that the A3 looked cheap, the Jetta must look like a Fisher-Price toy car.

I think overall the A3 looks very appropriate for its price range, considering that the fully loaded A4 and 3 series are poking north of $50,000.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Saw my first 2015 A3 today

I was driving home and I saw this Audi coming up from behind me. From its lights and grille, I thought it was an A6. In fact, I didn't know it was an A3 until it drove past me and I saw the rear. I must say, well done, Audi.

The design is very tight -- it has compact dimensions but still retains the classic Audi lines. I never cared for the the look of the hatchback A3, but the new A3 is sweet!

I am planning to wait for the new 2016 A4 to come out before I trade my A4 in, but if the price soars too much from the current model -- which I expect it will -- I will not hesitate to buy an A3. But in the meantime, it's gonna be tough not to stop by my dealership for a test drive!

Last edited by A4Driver; 05-10-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I was driving home and I saw this Audi coming up from behind me. From its lights and grille, I thought it was an A6. In fact, I didn't know it was an A3 until it drove past me and I saw the rear. I must say, well done, Audi.

The design is very tight -- it has compact dimensions but still retains the classic Audi lines. I never cared for the the look of the hatchback A3, but the new A3 is sweet!

I am planning to wait for the new 2016 A4 to come out before I trade my A4 in, but if the price soars too much from the current model -- which I expect it will -- I will not hesitate to buy an A3. But in the meantime, it's gonna be tough not to stop by my dealership for a test drive!
Like you, when I saw the A3, I was impressed but couldn't resist the test drive. Suddenly, our 2011 - 328i with only 26K miles became too large and cumbersome and boring (never thought I'd say that). The nimble 2.0T with all the gadgets was too much to resist and we ordered a white Prestige A3 to be built in June. Can't wait.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Congratulations!

Last month I made the final payment on my '09 A4 and I'm tempted to trade it in since I only have 44k on her, but I still want to see what the '16 A4 is gonna look like before I make any decisions. Good luck with your new A3.

Originally Posted by cjodell
Like you, when I saw the A3, I was impressed but couldn't resist the test drive. Suddenly, our 2011 - 328i with only 26K miles became too large and cumbersome and boring (never thought I'd say that). The nimble 2.0T with all the gadgets was too much to resist and we ordered a white Prestige A3 to be built in June. Can't wait.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Last month I made the final payment on my '09 A4 and I'm tempted to trade it in since I only have 44k on her, but I still want to see what the '16 A4 is gonna look like before I make any decisions. Good luck with your new A3.
In the exact same boat. Waiting for the next A4, which is getting close. I prefer the car category the A4 is in, but the price creep is becoming a killer. Because of that, the new A3 may be the next place a park my butt for the next five years.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I currently have an 2012 a3 manual and the lease is coming to a close. I do love the car, but ready for something a little different. I just wish the new a3 model came in the hatchback version.

Search this Thread