Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Open Hatch Light and Rear Wiper Problem - not the usual corrosion problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Hatch Light and Rear Wiper Problem - not the usual corrosion problem

Hey everybody,

I have a 2006 A3 2.0T 6MT, the other day out of nowhere the rear hatch open light began indicating on the dash and will not go away even though the hatch is securely shut. In addition, the rear wiper will no move or squirt.

After some research I discovered that it is relatively common for the squirter line to get clogged and back up fluid corroding and fouling the wiper gearing and dripping down and corroding the lock sensor. Great I thought, this will be an easy enough fix. So I pulled the hatch trim off and took the wiper motor out and much to my surprise it was immaculately clean with all the gearing moving freely with no problems. I then checked the connection to the latch and it was not corroded either. I also tried the rear wiper with the trim off to see what was going on and the motor was not even trying to work nor was any fluid leaking out. I also noticed that when the latch sensor was disconnected the the car would beep as if it thought it was all locked, and when it is connected the light stays on and it wont beep to lock. But it will still physically lock and unlock with the remote. I finally checked all the fuses and none of them are blown...so needless to say I'm at a complete loss. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your time and for reading.