100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Prospective A3 Owner looking for purchasing advice

Old 10-08-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prospective A3 Owner looking for purchasing advice

Hi,

I am currently looking at buying my first car and just so happened to see this fantastic Audi A3 2007, 1.8L TFSI, 5 DOOR, AUTOMATIC, SPORTSBACK (Free Local Classifieds Ads from all over Australia - Gumtree ... 1056137141), I live in AUSTRALIA by the way, and was wondering if any of you have any advice as to whether or not I should buy it. It is in great condition and priced right but don't want to buy it and find it costs hella lots money to maintain and for repairs. I'm only 17 and so have income of about $600 after expenses for the car. Do you think it is a good idea to buy it or stick clear. I really like its performance and handling, very sporty, and all the safety features are great piece of mind. Have heard that they can be expensive to fix but not sure if true. And if anyone out there has a similar aged A3 what typically needs replacing when the car is 7 years old, just so that I know what I'm potentially getting myself into. Cause would like to look into the cost of such potential issues prior to purchasing just so that I know. I love the care and would definately buy it but just need to know whether or not I can afford it long term.

I realise that Audi's are going to cost a little bit more, but is it really that expensive to own. Would appreciate any guidance you can give me on this issue.

Thanks a lot, Jacob