Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

SO, how fast??....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO, how fast??....

The weather has been great here in Florida, the other evening I went for a drive with all the windows down, and the sunroof slid back. It was around 8 pm, so the roads were just about empty. I stop at a red light when I see coming up behind me a set of Nike headlights....As it pulls up next to me, I see it's a Lexus RC 350 fsport. Lowered some, mat black and red rims...blah blah...when I hear the driver ask if I wanna run.....I look at him....now..I'm not usually that guy. But I've done a ton of work to this little red rocket and I wanted to measure it. I didn't think I could win...maybe,,,this should be close I thought. SO, I said sure.
I quick turn the traction control off, I'm already in manual mode, so I step on the brake and the gas, and rev up and hold it....light turns green....I thought he missed the gas pedal!...Once I let go of the brake, I heard and felt the car tense up, and launch forward, by the time we crossed just the intersection I had two car on him that quickly went to three, as I shifted to third, I could see the revs drop to around 5 grand, and as the revs moved back up, I pulled that equal distance away each gear...it wasn't even close. I was very surprised and thought we would do it again at the next light. As he pulled up though he laughed, but admitted total defeat and said he had a great start and solid run, I was just to fast for his RC.
So, the RC is supposed to be 0-60 in about 5.7 sec. I know without a doubt, my A3 is under 5 sec. for sure, and after feeling the 1/8 mile, I think this car could post a mid 12 sec. 1/4 time.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default not that fast

why did you post this?
you didn't even post your upgrades?
forums are for discussion, not facebook bragging posts.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

With all the great aftermarket support, and access to racing developed tunes and endless things to do, there just doesn't seem to be much talk about it here. SO, I was trying to get some of the people who have done performance mods to chime in. Seems to be mostly oil change and how to reset the service light discussions on here. The new A3 has a few talking about the APR tunes, but that's about it.
So I figured if someone posts how they did against a few, then I can ask what they have done and so on.
I'm somewhere between a stage 2 and 3 set up. I have a ton of work done...too much to just list....talk about a facebook bragging badge that would look like. So if you wanna know...just ask.