Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 RS5 Cabriolet | Mods-Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 RS5 Cabriolet | Mods-Build Thread

The Stock Car as purchased from Jim Ellis Audi Atlanta (Great Dealer and I have now bought 2 Audi's from them this being the second.

Audi RS 5 (1 of 1)-4 by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

Audi RS 5 (1 of 1)-3 by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

Audi RS 5 (1 of 1)-2 by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Mod. The Carbon Fiber Manifold Cover
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is was
RS5 Manifold Stock Cover by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

What it is
RS5 Manifold Carbon Fiber Cover by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Mod. BC Forged HB-09's | 20" Bright Brushed on Bright Brushed 10" Offset "Ordered" expect to receive in 4 weeks +/- some
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to #Mops & #Nemesis and all the other wheel experts (****** - and I mean that in the best way that have posted so I can try and make up my own mind!
Mops after much back and forth and all kinds of changed mind on my part. Patient and Knows his sh...
I've looked at thousands and somehow already know this won't be my final set.

BC Forged HB-09's | 20" Bright Brushed on Bright Brushed 10" Offset

I will post more when they come in and get mounted of course...

Third Mod. Capristo Exhaust Stainless Steel Valved. *Ordered" expect to receive in 4 weeks +/- some
Thanks to Mops and Nemesis for direction and dealing with some Capristo US sourcing items.
<<<< Special thanks Jack @ Scuderia Systems UK REALLY great customer service, consultation and price! http://www.capristouk.com>>>>
[B]Let me know what questions you have via PM on why I went to the UK for my exhaust and Scuderia Systems

More to follow as this comes in 4-6 weeks and installed. I bought a GoPro 3+ Black jsut for the recording....

Capristo Exhaust

So much more to come in the next few weeks as I wait for the goods like a Senior Citizen at a Nickel Slot machine....

Last edited by Hippyshakes; 07-14-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice work, some questions how much did you pay for the exhaust and where did you get that carbon engine cover
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by knightriderRS5
nice work, some questions how much did you pay for the exhaust and where did you get that carbon engine cover

I found an OEM new Manifold Cover on ebay for about 770.00. OEM is 1200.00

The Capristo exhaust I got from Scuderia Systems UK Website: http://www.capristouk.com

Talk to Jack and tell him Jackson (me) sent you. It was a better deal than US sites, amazing service from Jack and a better price overall.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....did you just say that you paid $770 for a carbon fiber manifold cover? Real American dollars, not pesos?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

You gotta do what you gotta do man. I now park with my hood up and serve martinis on it at parties.

Look here is a bargain on the S4 cover...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-RS4-RS5-S5-V8-CARBON-ENGINE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-COVER-/321331948081?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad0e06a31&vxp=mtr

Mine was a steal!

Last edited by Hippyshakes; 07-17-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Capristo should be installed next Friday. Video to follow thereafter....
Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Updates!

Capristo Installed.

arly thoughts. Amazing driving difference from sound, feel and seat of the pants experience.

It REALLY shows off the V8 and really needs to be heard and FELT in person. The sport exhaust just does not compare.
The lower RPM's now are so much more exciting and then 3-5K on up just blow my mind.
Downshifts are just a whole new world as is the feel from seat to steering wheel.
The option to just close the valves and go stealth is so nice to have when you need it.

Money well well spent and the service from Scuderia UK was TOP TOP notch. Ask for Jack | Capristo Exhaust Systems - Official International Distributor

Oh, and Capristo sent a nice bottle of red in my box. Nice touch!

Short Video for sound:

a lot of ambient but the start and finish you get some warm start and rev sound... more to come as I get some time

Also Wheels are Shipped!

Should have these soon. (Thanks MOPS@Nemesis for all the help!)

BC Forged HB09 Bright Brushed
20x10 ET25 Medium Concave Front
20x10 ET25 Deep Concave Rear

Spaces TBD. Running stock RS5 height for now since the cost to re-do my steep drive is prohibitive (as are my wifes thoughts on my reasoning )

BC Forged HB09 Bright Brushed Deep Concave - Front 2 by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

BC Forged HB09 Bright Brushed Deep Concave - Front by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr

BC Forged HB09 Bright Brushed Deep Concave - Rear by JacksonHalePhotography.com, on Flickr
Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you get the wheels installed yet?
Old 08-28-2014, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by *RINGS
Did you get the wheels installed yet?
Yep.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer