Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2016 S5 Coupe + Chipwerke tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 S5 Coupe + Chipwerke tune?

For some reason I can't find too much information about the Chipwerke tune. I don't feel comfortable with a full flash.. a piggyback seems more reasonable to me...

Does anyone know if the Chipwerke tune is available for the 2016 S5 Coupe?
Old 05-19-2019, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread... but figured my insights might be useful for anyone looking at doing a Chipwerke mod to S5.

I know this is an old thread... but here's my first impressions after installing the Chipwerke Pro on my '15 S5.

- Install took about 10-15 minutes. The longest part of the install was trying to "bunch-up" the extra length of wiring loom in a clean way so that when the zip ties were applied, the bundle didn't look messy. I used a couple more of my own zip ties (similar length to the ones provided in the box). I used a couple of larger (thicker/longer) black zip ties to mount the module in an area of the engine bay so that it didn't look too odd (out of place).

- Took the rig out for a test drive... starting in "Comfort" driving mode. I didn't experience much improvement in initial throttle response... but after second or so there was a noticeable improvement in acceleration. I went on a local back road road that I travel a lot (at speed)... there is a certain amount of "muscle memory" with applying the throttle and I was pleased to look at speedometer and see that the car was going a lot faster than I was used to for the amount of throttle pressure applied. (I was in "get a big ticket" mode!) I then jumped on the freeway and pushed the car a bit... and again, the rig was way feeling "stronger" and more responsive.

- I then put the car into "Dynamic" driving mode and switched back and forth with "Sport" mode and even a more pronounced surge in acceleration. No acceleration lag when in Dynamic/Sport w/o Chipwerke so nothing to attribute to the Chip... but boy was the acceleration a kick!

All this said, my impressions are most certainly "Butt Dyno" specific... nothing scientific or mathematical... but from a consumer standpoint only... for the amount of $$ spent... the amount of time implementing... this is a pretty decent mod.

Last edited by OlyS5; 05-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.