Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 S-line Black edition 13 reg (177) - Can I fit Sat Nav??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5 S-line Black edition 13 reg (177) - Can I fit Sat Nav??

Hi,

I'm a new Audi owner and I've just purchased a 13 reg Audi A5 from Vindis. One of the main nice-to-have features I was really looking for was a built-in sat nav which unfortunately it doesn't have. As it ticked all the other boxes I compromised on this feature.

Speaking with the Audi dealership Vindis they said initially it would be possible to fit a sat nav but days after that discussion they back tracked and said it couldn't be retrofitted. I'm now confused as to whether I can fit one or not. The steering wheel has a Nav button but not on the central options. The screen is already in place and is currently used mainly for the Audi music interface and other features.

Is it possible to have one fitted?
Old 07-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a '13 A5 and it doesn't have the MMI/Nav package either. I've seen at least a couple of threads where owners have actually either done the post-build OEM Nav addition, or have tried, some searching may yield useful info. A couple of bits I can contribute up front is that this can be a costly endeavour - seems to be a consistent theme with each person who's tried to do this. Also, the standard media screen that is in your A5 (and mine) is not the same resolution as the units used for navigation, as those are much higher dpi. I don't know that you couldn't use your current screen if you chose to, but from what I have read, it's best to plan on swapping it out for the correct unit.

I would love to do this for my car, but it's not in my plans for the near future due to the sheer cost. Good luck and hope for success with your upgrade!

Originally Posted by CMcArthur
Hi,

I'm a new Audi owner and I've just purchased a 13 reg Audi A5 from Vindis. One of the main nice-to-have features I was really looking for was a built-in sat nav which unfortunately it doesn't have. As it ticked all the other boxes I compromised on this feature.

Speaking with the Audi dealership Vindis they said initially it would be possible to fit a sat nav but days after that discussion they back tracked and said it couldn't be retrofitted. I'm now confused as to whether I can fit one or not. The steering wheel has a Nav button but not on the central options. The screen is already in place and is currently used mainly for the Audi music interface and other features.

Is it possible to have one fitted?