Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

About to purchase 2014 S5

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase 2014 S5

Hello everyone, I'm lucky enough to maybe purchase a 2014 S5 as early as tonight but I had some questions I'm hoping someone here will know.

The car is priced at 41k, has 26,000 miles, Glacier white, red interior, carbon atlas inlays, Navigation plus, and black optics package. CPO.

1. The car has two toothpick-sized scratches (1/4 length of a toothpick)but deep enough to see the metal carbody underneath. Dealer says they will of course fix it, but realistically speaking, will it look like whiteout? Is it possible to make it practically invisible?

2. Do S5 models come with S5 floor mats? Dealer had the mats in the trunk and said whatever mats they bought the car with will come with the car when I buy it. But for example if previous owner kept the S5 mats, I want to at least have the dealer toss in the floor mats for me.

3. Does anyone know how much the metal side-mirror housing units cost? I negotiated with the dealer to let me buy those wholesale and he will have them installed for me. I just would want to know how much that would cost in case it's prohibitively expensive.

4. I didn't want to ask the salesman this question, but on the console screen in the bottom right corner was a white Wifi symbol with "3G" besides it. Does this come with one of the packages I mentioned? Or is this Audi Connect but for some reason it wasn't listed as one of the options on the car? For example this car has keyless start (maybe it's standard now) but it's not listed as one of the options the car comes with.

5. Are any of the fees negotiable? Whats the best tactic? Total is $500 (300 is for registration I believe)

Thanks so much!!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Welcome.

Seems like a decent deal for a 3 year old S5, particularly a CPO.

As for #1. I'd want the dealership to repair those, preferably with a PDR before and not after the deal, while you still have leverage.

#2. I would not worry too much about mats. You'll probably want rubber mats anyway or weathertechs for the front. The back not so much. Negotiate for them to throw in the 2 remaining Audicare services of 35k and 45K. Those are way more important than mats.

#3. Most people like the color matching mirrors of the Optic package. You seem to want the silver/chrome/metal looking types. OEM will be expensive with labor. Here is a Chinese knockoff and if you do it yourself, would be much cheaper. There are how to videos for those that change their covers to carbon fiber. Same procedure for these:

Matt Chrome Side Mirror Replacement Caps for Audi A5 A4 B8 Facelifted Mirror | eBay

#4. The 3G is part of the Tech/Nav Pkg. Keyless was standard in '14, therefore not listed as option.

#5. Fees appear normal.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

As for #1. I'd want the dealership to repair those, preferably with a PDR before and not after the deal, while you still have leverage.

Okay, good idea. I had to google PDR but it seems like that's regarding only dents? these are just some deep scratches to where you see the metal surface beneath the white coat.

#2. I would not worry too much about mats. You'll probably want rubber mats anyway or weathertechs for the front. The back not so much. Negotiate for them to throw in the 2 remaining Audicare services of 35k and 45K. Those are way more important than mats.
I'm just being finiky about the mats if that's part of the package of buying an S5. I had an A4 before which was missing some of the tools in the tool kit and I still feel juped hahah. I also live in california so I probably will be sticking with whatever mats i get with the car

and I'm very glad you told me about the remaining services. I thought All services were covered under the 6year, 100k extended warranty! So even though this car is at 26k, the 35k and 45k aren't necessarily covered?

#3. Most people like the color matching mirrors of the Optic package. You seem to want the silver/chrome/metal looking types. OEM will be expensive with labor. Here is a Chinese knockoff and if you do it yourself, would be much cheaper. There are how to videos for those that change their covers to carbon fiber. Same procedure for these:

Matt Chrome Side Mirror Replacement Caps for Audi A5 A4 B8 Facelifted Mirror | eBay

Thanks! will definitely check it out. If the wholesale price the dealer is offering me seems good enough, and he said no labor costs, then I might just have them do it. I think online, the genuine parts cost $400 so even me guessing wholesale is 100, that still puts me 200 in the hole. Hmm not bad if it includes labor I guess. We'll see haha

#4. The 3G is part of the Tech/Nav Pkg. Keyless was standard in '14, therefore not listed as option.
They didn't list technology package though, unless you're saying they merged these two packages together. I looked online and it says "The 2014 A5, S5, and RS 5 models feauture the award-winning infotainment system Audi Connect".

heres the link if anyone wants to see all the details for 2014 A5, S5 and RS 5 https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-media-kit.pdf

#5. Fees appear normal.
Hooray!

Thanks again for the help! Btw your car is inspirational!!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperNate112
I thought All services were covered under the 6year, 100k extended warranty! So even though this car is at 26k, the 35k and 45k aren't necessarily covered?
No service is complimentary except the 5K.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Unless the original owner purchase Audi Care, then the remaining services go with the car.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19hole
Unless the original owner purchase Audi Care, then the remaining services go with the car.
So true!

But some, many are not told when buying used that previous owner purchased AC to pre-pay for maintenance or increase their residual. Taking that VIN to a service writer and finding out everything listed under that VIN is a must before buying used.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...luded-2905352/
Old 08-17-2016, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

If you are referring to mats that have the S5 logo, no the car doesn't come with those. Mine are plain ole black mats.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the chrome mirrors and want the black optics ones. Interested in buying your black optics ones if you end up taking them off! Thanks