Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Connect works with ATT on all 2013 -2014 Audi's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all of the great comments and info. I have a 2013 a5 cabriolet and would like to know if this will work the same way with my verizon phone service. Can I set it up with that? If so, does my phone need to be in the car for this to work? Would my wife be able to use the features of connect if I'm not in the car with my phone. Is the traffic alerts and images on the navigation of traffic tied to this as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scinco
You now can tether your mmi to your smartphone hotspot. No need to pay for another for data line. Sp it doesn't matter who your carrier is as Lon you have hotspot on your phone.
How do you do that??
Old 09-07-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mokotoy
How do you do that??
Audi 3GP MMI Onlineservices via Tethering
Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by glycerine
Could you use one of those SIM adapters to put a MicroSIM in the regular sized format?
Yep, no problem.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Thanks for all of the great comments and info. I have a 2013 a5 cabriolet and would like to know if this will work the same way with my verizon phone service. Can I set it up with that? If so, does my phone need to be in the car for this to work? Would my wife be able to use the features of connect if I'm not in the car with my phone. Is the traffic alerts and images on the navigation of traffic tied to this as well. Any help would be appreciated.
The antennae in our cars is 3G. Verizon's 3G service is CDMA. They don't use SIM cards. In short, no, Verizon will not work with our cars. You have to either have ATT or TMobile which are both GSM carriers (and use SIM cards).
Old 01-05-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bimbot
The antennae in our cars is 3G. Verizon's 3G service is CDMA. They don't use SIM cards. In short, no, Verizon will not work with our cars. You have to either have ATT or TMobile which are both GSM carriers (and use SIM cards).
But all Verizon phones come with a hotspot feature already turned on. No need for 3g service when Verizon has the best coverage and LTE for faster connections.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by s5forum
But all Verizon phones come with a hotspot feature already turned on. No need for 3g service when Verizon has the best coverage and LTE for faster connections.
Tethering is a separate issue. If you want to use your hotspot, someone posted a good link above on how to do it.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ITNETWIZ
All,

ATT works on my 2014 RS5......... Everything works via 3G......... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tested GOOGLE MAPS, Google Search, WIFI works, 3G symbol on dash appears, everything works fine!!

Here is what you have to do:

If you have an ATT plan with a tablet device for 9.99 per month, you can convert that to a regular size sim card, the bigger one of them all to use to insert on the Audi.

1- Go to ATT store and get a new regular large sim card that fits on the Audi slot. You might have to pay for it (20 bucks)
2-Then you get out of the store and call ATT 611, do not let the store activate the sim card for you, because they wont be able to.
3-Tell the ATT Rep to activate your ipad line to the new large SIM card you bought at the store. Make up a story that you dont have the ipad anymore and you have a car radio with the IMEI number of the Audi.
4-Give them IMEI number and the new ATT large sim card number so they can activate it.
5-Once they tell you its done then go to the Audi and insert the sim inside.
6-Go to Telephone on MMI controls and choose Settings
7-Once you are in settings then go to Data Connection and then Connection Settings
8-Make sure the APN reads "Broadband"
9-Leave user name and password blank with Authentication set to "Normal"
10- Thats it and then you wait till you see 3G light up on the lower right of the screen.
11- Its super fast with ATT...

PM me if you have any questions.....

Enjoy!!!!
What else did you change in the configuration?
I did what you mentioned on my 2013 A6 and I have 2G
Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi RS5 - ATT w/ 2G

Originally Posted by robertogag
I am running into the same issue. I was able to get the ATT SIM card added tot he account however it never sees above 2G.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by robertogag
Originally Posted by Velodyne66
I am running into the same issue. I was able to get the ATT SIM card added tot he account however it never sees above 2G.
Your MMI hardware is too old. Needs to be 2014 or newer in order to get 3G on AT&T.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect works with ATT on all 2013 -2014 Audi's