Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi Connect works with ATT on all 2013 -2014 Audi's

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the quick response.
Damn.. I really thought there was virtually no difference in MMI hardware from 2013 to 2014. What a bummer.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi RS5 - ATT w/ 2G

Originally Posted by superswiss
Your MMI hardware is too old. Needs to be 2014 or newer in order to get 3G on AT&T.
Also, I should mention I practically have the same care you have(!)..

2013 Audi RS5 Panther Black / Identical Options / ECS spacers / Volk G27 20" / H&R SS SET

I did not need to do European Delivery since I bought it while living in Germany (US Spec) car...perhaps you can consider it an extended ED experience ;-)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Velodyne66
Thank you for the quick response.
Damn.. I really thought there was virtually no difference in MMI hardware from 2013 to 2014. What a bummer.
There is. Newer software, too. I got lucky and needed my MMI replaced towards the end of last year. Got a brand new 2015 unit. Much improved I must say. I ditched T-Mobile a couple of months ago and added the car to my AT&T shared data plan. That made it even better.

Originally Posted by Velodyne66
Also, I should mention I practically have the same care you have(!)..

2013 Audi RS5 Panther Black / Identical Options / ECS spacers / Volk G27 20" / H&R SS SET

I did not need to do European Delivery since I bought it while living in Germany (US Spec) car...perhaps you can consider it an extended ED experience ;-)
Sweet!
Old 08-17-2015, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I intend to buy a 2014 A6 prestige in the coming months. I have been aware that att sims work in the car but am baffled by various sim sizes [former sprint customer]. just bought a note 4 and have a oneplus one and nexus 5 all of which use the same size interchangeable sim which is larger than the nano sim apple uses but is apparently called a micro sim. is this the size that I need for the car? as a bonus, the note came with a sim on a far larger card used for transport in the note 4 packaging and its the same as my other micro sim. will this be able to be used in the A6? yes I know I will have to add it to my phone plan as another device for 10 bucks but thats fine. thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
I intend to buy a 2014 A6 prestige in the coming months. I have been aware that att sims work in the car but am baffled by various sim sizes [former sprint customer]. just bought a note 4 and have a oneplus one and nexus 5 all of which use the same size interchangeable sim which is larger than the nano sim apple uses but is apparently called a micro sim. is this the size that I need for the car? as a bonus, the note came with a sim on a far larger card used for transport in the note 4 packaging and its the same as my other micro sim. will this be able to be used in the A6? yes I know I will have to add it to my phone plan as another device for 10 bucks but thats fine. thanks in advance.

The MMI sim slot uses a "mini" sized card as shown below on the left. If you have a smaller sim, you can use an adapter.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,

You will need the old school larger sim card that ATT has available for it to work. The nano and micro wont work.

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
Old 08-17-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ITNETWIZ
Hi,

You will need the old school larger sim card that ATT has available for it to work. The nano and micro wont work.
Actually, the smaller sim cards can be used with an adapter. I'm using a micro sim in a mini adapter right now in my A6.

Also, to correct the OP title, AT&T 3G can be used in MY2014/2015 Audis with Audi Connect, not the MY2013. While an AT&T sim can be used in earlier Audi Connect models, it will only work in 2G.

The exception to this is T-Mobile is changing their 3G frequency in selected markets and Audi is providing a modem update to bring MY2012/2013 to the same as founnd in the 2014/2015. You will receive a letter if you are in one of the few markets affected.

Last edited by snagitseven; 08-17-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I would not want to use an adapter, there is a possibility that the SIM can come out of the adapter and be lost forever in some dark hole behind the dash.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 19hole
I would not want to use an adapter, there is a possibility that the SIM can come out of the adapter and be lost forever in some dark hole behind the dash.
Nah, it snaps in and if you are concerned, you can just put a piece of scotch tape on the non-contact side and it's not going anywhere. It's not like you'll be moving it in and out very often.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s5forum
But all Verizon phones come with a hotspot feature already turned on. No need for 3g service when Verizon has the best coverage and LTE for faster connections.
Which does you zero good in a car that's only equipped for 3G.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect works with ATT on all 2013 -2014 Audi's