Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

bang and olefson sound

Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bang and olefson sound

I recently ordered an S5 cabriolet and the company in Germany did everything right except they didn't install the Bang and Olefson sound system that I had ordered. Instead, they installed the standard one. Now I am in the position of taking the car (the dealership is offering to cover my first month lease payment) or of having to reorder the car and wait an additional 3 months (I have already been waiting 3 months).

Is it worth the wait? The dealership tells me that the standard sound system is still of premium quality. How much better is Bang and Olefson anyways?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gfreedman
I recently ordered an S5 cabriolet and the company in Germany did everything right except they didn't install the Bang and Olefson sound system that I had ordered. Instead, they installed the standard one. Now I am in the position of taking the car (the dealership is offering to cover my first month lease payment) or of having to reorder the car and wait an additional 3 months (I have already been waiting 3 months).

Is it worth the wait? The dealership tells me that the standard sound system is still of premium quality. How much better is Bang and Olefson anyways?
Sorry to hear. That is a bad situation and I wouldn't be happy with either option.

Having said that, here is an option to consider.

I know you are leasing, but perhaps you could use the money you save to upgrade the sound system with aftermarket equipment. Audio component companies are aware that many people lease their vehicles and want stealth, reversible system installs. There are options available for just this.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In your opinion is the Bang and Olefson system better?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the bang and it is much better than the stock system. However, it really depends on how much you listen to music if it is worth the wait.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

No way I would take it without. The B&O 14 speaker, 515 watt system is awesome.

Find another dealer that has what you want in stock. You'll be kicking yourself later if you compromise, and then it's too late.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the B&O system sucks. B&O is not a premium company, they're simply a design company that makes great looking gear. Like Bose, its all reputation with zero actual quality. Don't waste your time- stock and B&O are bad. Just different bad.
Car companies pick brands of audio gear that have well recognized names such as JBL, Infinity, Bose etc. None of these brands are good- at all. Its all about marketing, not about actual quality. They also recognize that 99.9% of the people have no idea of what good sound actually is.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 349A
I think the B&O system sucks. B&O is not a premium company, they're simply a design company that makes great looking gear. Like Bose, its all reputation with zero actual quality. Don't waste your time- stock and B&O are bad. Just different bad.
Car companies pick brands of audio gear that have well recognized names such as JBL, Infinity, Bose etc. None of these brands are good- at all. Its all about marketing, not about actual quality. They also recognize that 99.9% of the people have no idea of what good sound actually is.
How does your response help him exactly? He is leasing a car so he probably won't be installing aftermarket speakers, and if you think B&O is bad, then the stock system will be horrible.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DinB
How does your response help him exactly? He is leasing a car so he probably won't be installing aftermarket speakers, and if you think B&O is bad, then the stock system will be horrible.

My post helps him by explaining that it doesn't matter which system. Don't fret. They both suck. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. Din B.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the B and O and I think it sounds very good.... Much better then the stock system....
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 349A
I don't know anything about the B&O, but I completely agree on Bose. I remember in high school and college, arguing with friends who swore Bose was the best. Boston Acoustics were always miles ahead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bang and olefson sound