Originally Posted by drvai
My car (S5 prestige) is in the port and should be at the dealer within a few days. Picking up a car is tricky because of the excitement. I wonder which are the things I need to check other than the paint.
1) If you don't plan to install the front license plate then tell the dealer that you will install it yourself, otherwise, they will install the frame and you will end up with four ugly holes on the grill. This happened to me and I have to plug them (see picture.
2) Do not allow dealer to send someone to the port and drive your car back. Make sure it gets to ship to dealer via a flatbed truck or car carrier. I said NO when they told me someone will pick up my car and drive back to the dealer. I told
them if the car has more than 20 miles when i pick it up then the deal is off.
Put on clear bra as soon as you can. I had t done on my car (bumper, headlamps, fog lamps, mirrors and door handle scoops)two days I got the car and it look very good unnoticeable.
3) Make sure the window sticker is removed and give it to you without and tear.
4) Bring your smart phone with you so they can pair it to your car.
5) Enjoy the beautiful car and do not forget to post the pictures.