Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Deal for 2016 S5. Should I wait until 2017?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default From the B8/B9 perspective...

… The new B9 S4/S5 is ladled with tech and I would not want the first year of all this jazz. I both my 2004 A6 2.7T at the end of that model run and had 75,000 trouble free (as in zero warrantee issues) life with the car.The B8 S4/S5 is just a fantastic car all around… for me the choice is a 2016 S4/S5.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… The new B9 S4/S5 is ladled with tech and I would not want the first year of all this jazz. I both my 2004 A6 2.7T at the end of that model run and had 75,000 trouble free (as in zero warrantee issues) life with the car.The B8 S4/S5 is just a fantastic car all around… for me the choice is a 2016 S4/S5.
I couldn't agree more, but then I am more than happy with the tech in my '15 model, and they have had almost 10 years to work the bugs out.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$0 drive off is really good deal for $720. Is this deal incl tax? What kind of MSRP?

I just leased one on March $2.2K drive off $680 incl LA tax and Audi Care.

Please keep in mind, you can't get that kind of deal for the all new 17/18 S5. You need to wait at least 2 years to have a decent discount.

For example, new A4 is about $700 per month for a 50K car because dealer don't want to discount it.

Hope this would help.

Originally Posted by ivyesq1906
I'm a potential first time Audi buyer. I was interested in the S5 and the BMW m sport 435i coupe. Based on my size (6'2, 240 lbs) I've been persuaded by friends that the 435 is too "small" for me. I fit just fine when I test drove.

Anyway, I am now focusing on the S5. Drove my first Audi for the first time 2 weeks ago. Deal on table is 36 months/10k miles, $720/month and $0 drive off. My salesman is telling me the deal is only good through April (till basically closing Saturday). Is this a good deal? Would you guys pull the trigger on a 2016 S5 given that the redesigned S5 comes out sometime in 2017?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not to hijack the thread, but I saw a new A4 today as I was taking my S5 to the Audi body shop and I was very underwhelmed. I like the lines of the B8 better. If they go the same route with the S5, it would be a no-brainer to pick up a '16 model.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Not to hijack the thread, but I saw a new A4 today as I was taking my S5 to the Audi body shop and I was very underwhelmed. I like the lines of the B8 better. If they go the same route with the S5, it would be a no-brainer to pick up a '16 model.
Does that include the interior? From what I've seen in photos, the interior has a very boring minimalist approach which I cannot stand but am hoping is better in person.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Check out June's Car & Driver on the A4

Car and Driver's June issue on the B9 A4 was excellent. And it'll be interesting to see what they say about the B9 A5/S5.

I think the B9 A5 will be a better car and the S5 will be faster and get better gas mileage, than B8.5.

On the B9 A4, C&D says: "At a glance, you could mistake the new A4 for the old one. But there are upgrades throughout, such as the reconfigurable instrument screen, natty interior, and quick-shifting dual clutch automatic."

"In the final analysis, Audi's new A4 is a class leader in refinement, technology, and interior design. Its chassis dynamics and exterior haven't made as big a leap, but the car remains an adept, if secure, handler wrapped in an elegant four door envelope. It doesn't make much noise about it, but the A4 possesses a quiet competence that is as wonderful as it is easily misunderstood."

Last edited by lmariorod; 05-04-2016 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jamblastx
Does that include the interior? From what I've seen in photos, the interior has a very boring minimalist approach which I cannot stand but am hoping is better in person.
No, the car was locked. I've seen pics of the interior and don't like the design with the vertical dashboard and tablet that pops up off the dash. It is starting to look more BMW-like, and if I wanted a BMW I would have gotten one instead.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
No, the car was locked. I've seen pics of the interior and don't like the design with the vertical dashboard and tablet that pops up off the dash. It is starting to look more BMW-like, and if I wanted a BMW I would have gotten one instead.
Yep, I hear ya. I do look at BMW is a possible replacement for my S5 since they do offer manuals in an M2, 4 series and M4, however I cannot stand their interior design and am having a tough time getting past that. And looking at Audi's new interior design language, it really does seem that they are trying to mimic BMW.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just don't see what you guys are seeing. The '17 S4/S5 interior is amazing. That virtual Cockpit display is awesome. I'd easily trade up to the '17 S5 for that interior and virtual cockpit display, center console and classy dashboard.

Possibly the dash pop up display is bimmer like. But really nothing else.

I sat in beautiful blue exterior M2 in the N.Y. Auto show and the interior was bland, spartan and the carbon fiber trim was pathetic. Only nice thing was the blue stitching on the seats to match the exterior blue.

Were it not for the fact that I enjoy this B8.5 SC/DSG combo, I'd be ready to place an order.

354 hp underhood in Audi?s newest S4 rocket | Autoweek

Last edited by lmariorod; 05-05-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lmariorod
I just don't see what you guys are seeing. The '17 S4/S5 interior is amazing. That virtual Cockpit display is awesome. I'd easily trade up to the '17 S5 for that interior and virtual cockpit display, center console and classy dashboard.

Possibly the dash pop up display is bimmer like. But really nothing else.

I sat in beautiful blue exterior M2 in the N.Y. Auto show and the interior was bland, spartan and the carbon fiber trim was pathetic. Only nice thing was the blue stitching on the seats to match the exterior blue.

Were it not for the fact that I enjoy this B8.5 SC/DSG combo, I'd be ready to place an order.

354 hp underhood in Audi?s newest S4 rocket | Autoweek

Looks are very subjective. Some people love it, some don't. To each his own. FYI, the MMI display on the dash is fixed. It does not 'pop-up'. The B9 S5 will come out in the US for the 2018MY which means you can (most likely) order one by spring of 2017 or sooner.

I am sure that Virtual Cockpit is and will be the future and we'll see more of it in a lot of cars. I just hope that LCD display lasts long and replacing a busted cockpit display (whether dead, dying, or dead pixels) won't cost an arm and a leg when that time comes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deal for 2016 S5. Should I wait until 2017?