Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

:: ECS Tuning :: B8 A5/S5 Front Underseat Storage Bin Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A5/S5 Front Underseat Storage Bin Kit

For those who are not familiar - the B8 seats were designed with a decent amount of cubic inches for storage. In Europe, the B8's were fortunate enough to receive these under seat storage bins while the North American markets were not.

Finally, the North American Audi B8's can enjoy the luxury of added space.

We are happy to announce one of our newest kits - B8 under seat storage bins for cars with power seats.

The comprehensive kits are available singly or as a pair and install in just minutes - includes all securing hardware.

Store More!

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 A5
Audi B8 S5

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 06-13-2015, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My B8 cabriolet has one of these under the driver's seat but not the front passenger seat. Was this typical or did some come without any storage bins? What work is involved with installing under the passenger's seat?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Yes, I remember my '11 Cab had this under the front seat, and when I took delivery of my '15 Coupe I kept looking for it. I would also like to know what is involved in the installation. I may very well order one, but I need to know the details.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, I remember my '11 Cab had this under the front seat, and when I took delivery of my '15 Coupe I kept looking for it. I would also like to know what is involved in the installation. I may very well order one, but I need to know the details.
Do you recall if you had a storage bin under the passenger side or only the driver's side? Just wondering if mine is missing a bin.
Thanks
Old 06-14-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Churchill
Do you recall if you had a storage bin under the passenger side or only the driver's side? Just wondering if mine is missing a bin.
Thanks
As I recall, it was only on the driver's side.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:54 AM
jgd
Banned

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi

For those who are not familiar - the B8 seats were designed with a decent amount of cubic inches for storage. In Europe, the B8's were fortunate enough to receive these under seat storage bins while the North American markets were not.

Finally, the North American Audi B8's can enjoy the luxury of added space.

We are happy to announce one of our newest kits - B8 under seat storage bins for cars with power seats.

The comprehensive kits are available singly or as a pair and install in just minutes - includes all securing hardware.

Store More!

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 A5
Audi B8 S5

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
I had these in my S4, Do they fit a 2014 RS5? if so how difficult are they to install?
Old 06-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by jgd
I had these in my S4, Do they fit a 2014 RS5? if so how difficult are they to install?
Should fit RS5 as well. Installation is very simple and straight forward.

Jason
Old 06-25-2015, 04:45 AM
jgd
Banned

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
Should fit RS5 as well. Installation is very simple and straight forward.

Jason
They must be popular, they are back ordered until 08.10.15! I just placed my order...
Old 06-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by jgd
They must be popular, they are back ordered until 08.10.15! I just placed my order...
These definitely went fast! They are coming from over seas which is why the ETA is so far out.

Thanks for the order!

Jason
Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd add to this one. I just purchased one of these through another great forum member (thank you kga1978) and installed it today under my driver seat. It is the exact kit ECS Tuning sells...he just had an extra. This is my setup in case you wanted to add it to yours:

2014 S5 with Nappa leather dual power seats.

I tried to install without unbolting the seat, but good luck to you if you can do that. It is.....impossible. Overall it wasn't too bad when the seat was unbolted. I will say this tho. There are 3 seat rail clips you need to remove to access three of the four seat rail bolts. The two for the front of the seat rail are super fragile, but can be removed intact if done carefully. I just took a super flat screwdriver and wrapped it in a microfiber cloth and pried up from the back. The rear one is different and longer and only covers the rail closest to the door.

I'm betting 9 times out of 10 these cover will break and need to be replaced. I guess I just got lucky. The part numbers for the rail covers are:

FRONT: 4F0881672A01C (two of them)
REAR: 8K0881345A01C (one of them)

ECS sells these also, so I'd recommend adding them to your order just in case. They're cheap.

After I pried the rail covers off, I used an angled 8mm Hex wrench to unbolt the four points for the front seat....first the rear, then I moved the seat all the way back and did the front.

With the seat moved all the way back and leaned pretty far back, it tilts enough to squeeze in there and maneuver around. First you need to install the speed nuts in the square locations and slide them over. After that you can put the storage bin keyed posts into their slots and pull forward, locking them in place.

Then comes the "you must have patience" part. The two screws you need to bolt the storage bin into the speed nuts are infuriating to get in. It's pretty much a blind luck process, but be assured they will eventually go in. After that....voila. Done.

The reason I posted some of this is because the main instructions over at AudiEnthusiasts Under Seat Bins ...while are very thorough, are not S5 specific. Although...99% of the instructions still apply. Here are the exact parts i used for my configuration, which can all be ordered through ECS, either separately or as a kit.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...S.ShoppingFeed

Here are the part numbers separately. Quantity is PER SIDE:

STORAGE BIN: 8K0882601C4PK (One of these - Sabre Black)
SPEED NUT: N90088003 (Two of these)
BOLT: N90737105 (Two of these)

Good luck and hope this helps someone who's deciding. Just to take into consideration. These bins are NOT big at all, but if you just wanna store a wallet or a pair of sunglasses they'll do the job. Also note...I did NOT do the passenger side because it involves moving a "Do not tamper with" module under the seat. If you feel comfortable with moving it, then I say go for it. But if you have my exact configuration, you will have to do a lot more to get that passenger one in.
Attached Thumbnails :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A5/S5 Front Underseat Storage Bin Kit-img_1231.jpg   :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A5/S5 Front Underseat Storage Bin Kit-img_1230.jpg   :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A5/S5 Front Underseat Storage Bin Kit-img_1233.jpg