Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Engine tilted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine tilted?

My s5 was in a previous accident, it's salvaged but I'm almost done repairing it.

However the right side of the engine block is titled up. And the left side is lower and you can tell by looking at it. Anyways, I'm worried how the transmissions cools itself. Because I tried putting new trans oil in and I couldn't get the trans to be level. So I didn't put the right amount of fluid in. It got to 77C which is 30C over the limit Temp.

If the dealers put the trans oil in through their machine and somehow got the transmission to be level by tipping the car over higher on one side, would the transmission cooling itself properly? Even the inside the oil will always be more on one side?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is your engine tilted because of frame rail damage, or something simple like an engine mount being damaged or failed? Replace the mounts, but if you have frame damage you have a much bigger problem that needed to be solved way before starting your rebuild. Frame damage can cause tons of other issues, suspension problems, steering/tracking problems, uneven tire wear, abnormal drivetrain stress/wear, and most important it's a safety hazard.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jsausley
Is your engine tilted because of frame rail damage, or something simple like an engine mount being damaged or failed? Replace the mounts, but if you have frame damage you have a much bigger problem that needed to be solved way before starting your rebuild. Frame damage can cause tons of other issues, suspension problems, steering/tracking problems, uneven tire wear, abnormal drivetrain stress/wear, and most important it's a safety hazard.

Its most likely just the engine is slanted. If the frame was bent, then I wouldn't be able to install the new radiator, and also the car was hit Underneath and the only thing I saw that had damage to it from the accident was the sway bar. The oil pan had scrape dirt on it, but I wiped it off and there was no dents or anything. The transmission has a cage protecting it, so it wasmy hit there.

I can't even figure out how the engine got tilted, there is no massive dents or hits anywhere under the car.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah i just found the engine mounts and they're both broken on each side.