Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Pulled the trigger...

Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger...

Got the trade worked out and picked up a lightly used (5 months) 2010 S5 with 4300 miles that I had been looking at for a week or so. My 6 series almost refused to go, throwing a restraint system failure message while ON THE WAY to trade it off. Luckily my BMW SA was great about it as he knew I was trading it off and was in a bind. They got it all cleared up and sent me on my way within hours at no charge. The S5 is now in the garage and so far, I love it. Thanks to all who had input on pricing/driving as I was looking around. After years away from AW, it's good to see the community is still very active and I'm happy to be back in another Audi again.

Pictures are a bit blurry. Today I had a chance to snap a couple pictures but ran out of daylight and had the wrong camera with me for lower light photos.
Attached Images      
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

what year on the 6 series?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful car, congrats!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
what year on the 6 series?
I had an '04 645 prior to the S5 that was starting to show its age in the form of various electrical gremlins.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

nice setting and beautiful car. I like the rear end shot, I think it looks more proportioned than the 6 series.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear that the trade and sale went smoothly, even if the 645i threw a small fit. I'm sure that you'll really like (some might say love, but that's a river) it. Definitely anxious to get mine in about 7 weeks
Old 07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default congrats

Nice ride, but are those holes in the front license plate filler (second picture)? Looks like someone put a license plate on (or at least made the holes). Those aren't supposed to be there.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mik34
Nice ride, but are those holes in the front license plate filler (second picture)? Looks like someone put a license plate on (or at least made the holes). Those aren't supposed to be there.
Yes I assume the previous owner did have one on. Our state requires front plates and my guess is that's where it was.

I'm considering ordering an S-Line grill for it (I like the all black much better) anyway so I haven't fretted too much about it yet. But... shame on them for putting the holes there. I refuse to put a front plate on regardless of our regulations. I put them on if i get a fix-it ticket... and then take it off once the ticket is signed.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a whole different panel designed for license plates. Yours was meant to be used without a plate.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by td80
Yes I assume the previous owner did have one on. Our state requires front plates and my guess is that's where it was.

I'm considering ordering an S-Line grill for it (I like the all black much better) anyway so I haven't fretted too much about it yet. But... shame on them for putting the holes there. I refuse to put a front plate on regardless of our regulations. I put them on if i get a fix-it ticket... and then take it off once the ticket is signed.
Like JGA5Cab said, there's a license plate holder under that filler plate if you need a front license. They drilled thru the filler plate. Poor form. But if you're getting a new grill, no big deal. I also don't sport a front license plate even thought it's "required." Really messes with look of front end. Never been stopped or given ticket for it as a lot of cars don't use them these days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger...