Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Just put a deposit on a 2011 A5 to hold it for purchase, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just put a deposit on a 2011 A5 to hold it for purchase, a few questions

So I've had nothing but Mitsubishi's for the past decade. I've had a few 3000GT VR4's and my last 2 cars were Evo's, 2006 MR and my current car which I will be trading is a 2008 Evo GSR. I'm pretty much done with the tuning scene and I couldn't care much less about having a car with 400hp like my current car. I need something reliable but still fun, comfortable, NO RATTLES or very few when hitting a few minor bumps (annoys the crap out of me with the cheap Japanese interiors), and just a more "grown up" car that I can take on my 37 mile commute to work every weekday and be very happy with it. I can't find any A5's around my area so I'm going a pretty far distance to see this one and I just want to make sure that I cover everything when I drive it. Is there anything I should look for? It's the Premier Plus Quattro with every option, 41K miles which isn't bad for a 2011. How long does the clutch last? My Evo's only lasted about 30K each and I replaced it twice already costing about 2 grand each time. I know that German cars have a relatively high maintenance cost, but I can't imagine it being higher than the EVO. The thing is just a money pit and I need something "normal" but still fun. Is the A5 the answer? Thanks everyone. I'm really hoping I love the car. I'm not expecting it to be fast, but I don't want people flying by when I'm trying to get on the highway either...
Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

if the car isn't CPO i would look into getting an extended warranty .. my wife's car is a 2011 A5 (A/T).. no problems so far (knock on wood) but i would recommend getting a warranty for your peace of mind
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the Audi yesterday. I love the way it rides. So much better than what I'm used to. I just need to figure out all of these buttons...
Old 12-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

take a quick read https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ur-a5-2751307/
Old 12-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

this is a pretty good one too.. it says S4 but alot of things are simular Things you didn't know about your S4?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^ good stuff, I'll try some of those out. Thanks!

I was thinking about a safe stage 1 tune too just for a few extra ponies. Maybe after winter. Any suggestions? The APR seems legit.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR is having some issues right now based on an Exhaust issue "APR - Deception, Coverups, and Lies" .. GIAC is very good as well.. either of them are very good though and have been proven
Old 12-04-2014, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You will have some rattles. Both Audi's I have owned rattle some. My S5 was worse that my current SQ5. And most of the loaners I have had rattle some.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
You will have some rattles. Both Audi's I have owned rattle some. My S5 was worse that my current SQ5. And most of the loaners I have had rattle some.
Understand that I'm coming from the Mitsubishi world. I would literally hear rattles when driving down a smooth road just from engine and road noise causing vibrations. The little time I've been driving the A5 I've heard nothing. Maybe I'll be more **** the longer I have it but for now I'm extremely pleased
Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by doug97gxe
APR is having some issues right now based on an Exhaust issue "APR - Deception, Coverups, and Lies" .. GIAC is very good as well.. either of them are very good though and have been proven
I'm looking for JUST a tune. I don't want an intake or exhaust. Those days are probably over for me. I just want to get the full potential from the engine with no mods. OK maybe an intake and high-flow cat...

Quick Reply: Just put a deposit on a 2011 A5 to hold it for purchase, a few questions