Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Key Fob Remote Functionality..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob Remote Functionality..

Hi! Does everyone know if our key fobs remotes have extra functionality other than lock, unlock, trunk and panic? Factory setting, without mods. I could've sworn my old Audi had remote window/sunroof closing function but I can't figure it out and I can't seem to find anything online.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes.

I think you may have to active it via MMI, check your owner's manual, it should be in there.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Check out this app for your phone. Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization | brew your own car. I bought the app and a OBDII port reader off amazon. Was able to do some basic modifications, including open/close windows and sunroof
Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Let me know how you make out. I just bought a 2010 A5 P+ and miss not having the window and sunroof functionality with the remote that my 2001.5 Passat had.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Once the feature is engaged by Vag-Com or that other OBD app, a menu option will appear in the MMI car menu allowing you to activate the window roll up operation.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Once the feature is engaged by Vag-Com or that other OBD app, a menu option will appear in the MMI car menu allowing you to activate the window roll up operation.

So the functionality already exists and can be enabled with a Vag-Com? Likely my independent garage can do this if so. Good to know...thanks.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by VT Passat
So the functionality already exists and can be enabled with a Vag-Com? Likely my independent garage can do this if so. Good to know...thanks.
Yes, it's one of the most common Vag-Com mods and one of many that can be done with the Ross-Tech VCDS (Vag-Com) cable and software. Many of the AudiWorld members have invested in their own cable to identify issues and make modifications to their Audis (and VWs).
Old 06-11-2015, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jhearty99
Check out this app for your phone. Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization | brew your own car. I bought the app and a OBDII port reader off amazon. Was able to do some basic modifications, including open/close windows and sunroof
Does anyone have this app/hardware? Any feedback on its functionality/stability? is it worth the $20/$30?.. Messing/customizing the settings isn't gonna brick my ECM or void any warranty is it?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mokotoy
Does anyone have this app/hardware? Any feedback on its functionality/stability? is it worth the $20/$30?.. Messing/customizing the settings isn't gonna brick my ECM or void any warranty is it?
It is only capable of doing the following basic modifications: Customizations | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

As far as functionality, it does everything it says it does. Reads/clears fault codes and then the modifications you see on that link. I can now open/close windows/sunroof with my keyfob, LEDs no longer turn off with blinker, and a few other things. They also send out periodic updates with more functionality. I think its definitely worth the price. And no, none of the mods will void your warranty. However, if you bring your car in for service/warranty work, they may clear the changes you made using the app depending on what they are doing.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Cool, thanks. I just tried it. Works well so far.. Do you know where I can get more info on some of the functionality? Is there like some kind of FAQ or ReadMe? For example: It has a "hidden menu" by pressing "Car + Setup". Where is setup in my console?? Or when the seatbelt option is US/Canada or Euro 1, 2, or 3.. It doesn't have a definition on what the three Euro options are. Those are just some of the examples I ran into. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Key Fob Remote Functionality..