Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

cup holder

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cup holder

does anyone know if the small cup holder in my 2010 s5 is for a red bull only nothing else would fit that is the only thing that sucks about the car just on cup holder
Old 10-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No liter bottle holders in the doors?

I know, I know, no good for coffee.

But I for one don't drink or eat in my cars unless I'm on a road trip. And then it's only water, apples and bananas.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't figured it out either. Seems exactly the size of a soda can, but then with the grippers on the side, not sure even that would fit. For a car with so many thing thought out so well, the small cup holder doesn't make sense. (And why the rear seats have two per seat? One by the door, and in the center armrest).
Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hef311
I haven't figured it out either. Seems exactly the size of a soda can, but then with the grippers on the side, not sure even that would fit. For a car with so many thing thought out so well, the small cup holder doesn't make sense. (And why the rear seats have two per seat? One by the door, and in the center armrest).
Diet coke cans fit just fine in the small cup holder
Old 10-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gum. I hav found those tubs of gum are the only things That fit well an helps with dry mouth in the car.
On iPhone
sorry for being brief
Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoustonA5
Diet coke cans fit just fine in the small cup holder
Yes, a standard 12oz. soft drink can fits fine. The grippers are a bit tight, but not really a problem. My guess is that it was specifically designed to accommodate a can.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Probably, but surprising they didn't add any pop-out holders like in the old S4 or larger cup holder in the door like some cars have. The driver and front seat passengers can't both have coffees are anything bigger than a bottle of water/soda unless you reach back and use the center armrest cup holders.

The manual version definitely needs one not right in the way of the shifter.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I never eat my car but I do let people drink in the car I love my s5 so far just a question that poped in my brain. Looks like a red bull can is the only thing that will fit and I hate red bull lol
Originally Posted by JBDinTX
does anyone know if the small cup holder in my 2010 s5 is for a red bull only nothing else would fit that is the only thing that sucks about the car just on cup holder
Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

The 16.9 oz bottles of water also fit quite nicely
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
As others have said, it fits soda cans and small water bottles well.

You can also find a few reusable bottles (plastic or stainless steel) that will fit, although I haven't found any coffee mugs that fit it. The problem is that anything skinny enough to fit has to be pretty tall to hold more than 12-16 ounces, and then you have a hard time reaching the MMI controls or the shifter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cup holder