Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Need help with gauge pod rec, quad valence, and more

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with gauge pod rec, quad valence, and more

Hello,
So…sad story is that my 2012 S4 Prestige with every option on it was stolen in Chicago about a month ago. I never really used the back door, so this time I wanted to get a coupe. Also, I really missed having a manual transmission. So, I happened to get a great deal on a 2014 A5 Audi Corporate leased in perfect shape. Don't get me wrong, that is one hell of a nice engine, but coming from a BMW M3, then a BMW M5, then an Audi S4, I was frustrated every time I had to change lanes and downshift to third gear just to get some torque. So, I have New German Performance install the fully loaded APR software and the carbon fiber intake. The performance difference is AMAZING!!! I'm almost happy with it as is…lol Anyway, I know that I want a quad tip exhaust, most likely the APR, as I'd like to keep the car as much APR as possible. However, what do I need to replace the 1 exhaust outlet valence with a quad? Someone asked me if I have s-line on my car, and I honestly don't even know what to look for. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I want to put a boost gauge in. I was looking at the P3, but I can't justify the cost of that to myself. It doesn't seem like APR makes one for the left air vent. However, A.W.E. does. My tuner also recommended a NewSouth Performance gauge pod, as he has one in his 2008 S5, but I don't see a kit for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.