Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New A5 owner - checking back in to Audiworld

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New A5 owner - checking back in to Audiworld

Long time Audi owner (This is my 5th) but have been with another German brand for the last 8 years (MB).

I saw this 2012 A5 at my local Audi dealer and was so taken with her looks that I just HAD to take her home with me

I wanted an S5 but practicality and staying on budget was a priority. I also live in a high rise condo and do not have the ability to turn my own wrenches at this time, so a warranty was a must.

Anyway the important part is The VERY bright red A5, 2.0t, premium plus, tiptronic. I will have the ECU flashed (APR or GIACC), maybe a catback, probably add the S-line steering wheel and the 'black out' factory option rear spoiler and grill.
Attached Images   
Old 09-27-2014, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats nice looking 5.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice red 5, mate, Im 2nd gen Audim also with a history in MB. Great minds.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the welcome!

Today the badges get shaved ("We don't need no stinking badges!"), and that horrible front license plate holder comes off. We don't use front plates here in KY.

Trend - I really like the look of your car with the coilovers but really don't want to kill the ride quality of this car. I always seem to do that but really want this to be a comfortable daily driver. I hate wheel gap but don't want to drive a race car to work. This is a serious first-world-problem
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Late-apex
Thank you for the welcome!

Today the badges get shaved ("We don't need no stinking badges!"), and that horrible front license plate holder comes off. We don't use front plates here in KY.

Trend - I really like the look of your car with the coilovers but really don't want to kill the ride quality of this car. I always seem to do that but really want this to be a comfortable daily driver. I hate wheel gap but don't want to drive a race car to work. This is a serious first-world-problem
Hey thanks man, I will be honest, driving over bumpy terrain is definitely no joy. There is a section of roadway next to my house I dread driving over due to construction. No fun at all driving over the bumps with lo pro tires and lowered suspension, on the other hard, cornering and driving on the highway is pure outstanding pleasure.

You might want to consider airbag suspension with digital control inside the cockpit ( I plan on doing an upgrade soon ) , this way you can adjust the ride at a click of a button
BAG RIDERS | B8 A5 S5 AND RS5 AIR RIDE KIT WITH TOUCH PAD E LEVEL SYSTEM