Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New S5 Premium Plus with...exact same features as Prestige?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S5 Premium Plus with...exact same features as Prestige?

I'm looking into leasing a new S5. Initially I told the dealer I wanted the Prestige but they said that the one they have is a Premium Plus with everything the Prestige comes with (B&O, push button start, backup camera, etc.) EXCEPT for the adjusting headlights. They also mentioned that Prestige's aren't made much anymore since the Premium Plus can come with everything the Prestige has while lowering the price of the vehicle a bit.

Is this true? If that's the case why would Audi make two variants at all? I thought the point of the Prestige was to get features that aren't available for the Premium Plus...?

Additionally, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the current lease offer I have from them. A lot has changed in my life recently so this is the first time I've ever considered or looked into leasing; I was always a buyer in the past. I was told that with $5k down for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease the payment would be in the mid 800's. This is on a 61.9k with the sales guy offering me $3000 off instantly. How does that compare to what other people have gotten for leasing offers? I'm hoping when I go in there this weekend and run the numbers my good credit score will lower things a bit. What I've gotten so far has just been estimates over the phone or email.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

You don't get the active headlamps and you cannot get the rear sunshade (is an option).
I think they still are making it. At the beginning (early models), the difference was higher, but then new standard equipment was added.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackangus
I'm looking into leasing a new S5. Initially I told the dealer I wanted the Prestige but they said that the one they have is a Premium Plus with everything the Prestige comes with (B&O, push button start, backup camera, etc.) EXCEPT for the adjusting headlights. They also mentioned that Prestige's aren't made much anymore since the Premium Plus can come with everything the Prestige has while lowering the price of the vehicle a bit.

Is this true? If that's the case why would Audi make two variants at all? I thought the point of the Prestige was to get features that aren't available for the Premium Plus...?

Additionally, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the current lease offer I have from them. A lot has changed in my life recently so this is the first time I've ever considered or looked into leasing; I was always a buyer in the past. I was told that with $5k down for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease the payment would be in the mid 800's. This is on a 61.9k with the sales guy offering me $3000 off instantly. How does that compare to what other people have gotten for leasing offers? I'm hoping when I go in there this weekend and run the numbers my good credit score will lower things a bit. What I've gotten so far has just been estimates over the phone or email.

Thanks!
have you leased before?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

The only way to get the adaptive headlights is with a Prestige.

I like the adaptive headlights.

Best
Old 05-16-2014, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leasing comments...

Here are my lease numbers:

2013 S5 (~60K): $5K down, 36 months, 680/month (includes taxes, etc.)
2012 A6 3.0T (~61K) $5K down, 36 months, 684/month (includes, taxes, etc.)

Audi Pacific, Torrance, CA (Fred Vand and Bernie Clare)

Joining NA Audi Club is a great deal as you get rebates from Audi, now achieved through a a special discounting plan.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Andrewaw
have you leased before?
I have not. This is the first time in my life where it's become a possibility for me.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
Here are my lease numbers:

2013 S5 (~60K): $5K down, 36 months, 680/month (includes taxes, etc.)
2012 A6 3.0T (~61K) $5K down, 36 months, 684/month (includes, taxes, etc.)

Audi Pacific, Torrance, CA (Fred Vand and Bernie Clare)

Joining NA Audi Club is a great deal as you get rebates from Audi, now achieved through a a special discounting plan.
Thanks for the comparison Eric. How did you get your monthly payment so low with the S5 lease?
I'm hoping to get a more accurate number this Saturday once they take my credit score and personalized interest rate into account. I also need to ask them what the residual is.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

From my understanding, the Prestige trim is still very much available and in another forum where they posted the 2015 order guide, it was still there. Ironically enough, I have 2013 S5 Premium Plus with most of the options. I did not get the Prestige just to save a few thousand on equipment I did not really want. My car stickered for around $59,000 with a 39 month lease and 12,000 miles for $776 per month (no money down, tax not rolled into the payment).
Old 05-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jamblastx
From my understanding, the Prestige trim is still very much available and in another forum where they posted the 2015 order guide, it was still there. Ironically enough, I have 2013 S5 Premium Plus with most of the options. I did not get the Prestige just to save a few thousand on equipment I did not really want. My car stickered for around $59,000 with a 39 month lease and 12,000 miles for $776 per month (no money down, tax not rolled into the payment).
Okay, that's good to know.
Do most of you guys go over on miles at the end of your lease or does Audi let you get out of them early? Some of the leases like 39 months at 12,000 miles sound very difficult to stay within.
How easy is it to get out of a lease for an S5 with Audi? Do they hold their value pretty well after a few years?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

For going over mileage, you kind of have to know what your yearly driving patterns are. That said, if you stay 'in house' at lease end, VW/Audi is very forgiving in getting out of a lease early. I traded in my 06 GTI to get an 10 A5 and then the A5 to get the S5 and both were a good four months early. They also barely looked at the cars. Now, well before that, I had a 99 GTI which at the lease end I gave back to get an 03 MINI Cooper S, and for that car I did go over the mileage and I had to pay and they also went over it with a fine tooth comb

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New S5 Premium Plus with...exact same features as Prestige?