Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New S5 Premium Plus with...exact same features as Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackangus
I'm looking into leasing a new S5. Initially I told the dealer I wanted the Prestige but they said that the one they have is a Premium Plus with everything the Prestige comes with (B&O, push button start, backup camera, etc.) EXCEPT for the adjusting headlights. They also mentioned that Prestige's aren't made much anymore since the Premium Plus can come with everything the Prestige has while lowering the price of the vehicle a bit.

Is this true? If that's the case why would Audi make two variants at all? I thought the point of the Prestige was to get features that aren't available for the Premium Plus...?

Additionally, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the current lease offer I have from them. A lot has changed in my life recently so this is the first time I've ever considered or looked into leasing; I was always a buyer in the past. I was told that with $5k down for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease the payment would be in the mid 800's. This is on a 61.9k with the sales guy offering me $3000 off instantly. How does that compare to what other people have gotten for leasing offers? I'm hoping when I go in there this weekend and run the numbers my good credit score will lower things a bit. What I've gotten so far has just been estimates over the phone or email.

Thanks!
when I ordered my 2014, the only 4 options included in prestige over premium plus were adaptive lights, MMI, side assist, and B&O audio. I didn't need adaptive lights or side assist so I ordered premium plus and added those two options and saved myself $2400 which I spent on the sport diff, full leather inetrior, black optic, and carbon atlas inlays
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be a stupid question but when they say 15k miles for 36 months, is that 15k miles PER YEAR for three years or is it 15k miles TOTAL spread out over 36 months?

Also, I'm attaching a picture of the sticker for the car. They didn't really scan it well but it gives you an idea of what comes in the car. Sounds like I was wrong about the Prestige, I thought there was so much more you couldn't get with the premium plus.
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is the total mileage at the end of the three years...in other words, 45,000 miles
Old 05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does that say 'Supercharged badges' for $145? Is that a factory option as I never heard of it...
Old 05-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jamblastx
It is the total mileage at the end of the three years...in other words, 45,000 miles
Perfect! For some reason I thought it meant you get 12K miles over 36 months. Leasing should be a no brainer for me at this point.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Rule #1 - never put any money down on a lease. I have leased 8 vehicles and drove them off the lot with zero out-of-pocket.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Make sure you get the money factor from the dealer, as well as the residual value after the lease term (should be a percentage). Premium+ actually gets a bit higher residual than the Prestiges for some reason....
And if you add audicare, it adds another 1% to residual value.

Sidenote: 3,000 off is less than 5% discount, a lot of people have been able to get 6% or even more.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone. I was able to get the dealer to give me a bigger percentage off based on what jrabakker said. I ended up sealing the deal this weekend on a 2014 S5 with pretty much everything except the adaptive headlights for a little over $63k. I was told the residual is about 56% and with the money factor the overall interest is about 2.5%. I chose to do 12k a year for 36 months. The payment should be about $850-ish with almost nothing down.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Could someone that has been able to get out of their lease a little early explain how they were able to do it? I was told that since the car holds its value pretty well I should be able to step into another new S5 early if I wanted. They weren't 100% clear on how it worked and I didn't ask as many questions as I probably should have. If your car's value holds like it should can you really get into another new car without paying any extra fees or costs to end your current lease early?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

It really depends if the current value of the car is greater than what are the remaining payments on the lease. If you are running under the mileage and it is towards the end of the lease (6 months or less), you may have a shot. As I had stated in a previous post, keeping it in the VW/Audi family and you would be trading it in for another VW/Audi product, they will most likely would be able to work with you. The best advice I can give you, be prepared to pay for the full term of the lease and if you want to and are able to get out of it early, that's just a bonus

Quick Reply: New S5 Premium Plus with...exact same features as Prestige?