Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 278488

Default Price Negotiation

Hello Guys,

I am negottaiong a new RS5 from my dealer. I did buy 3 Audis before from the same sales person.

The car I am looking at is MMI+black Paint+exhaust + 20' wheels black MSRP is 77K, they are offering me 3K of MSRP (including loyalty). This sounds like a great deal except the car has 45 miles on it.

When I got to the dealer this morning I saw it be loaded of the truck, It had all the wrapping and the protection film. but I am worried why it has 45 miles on the ODO. the SA said these cars get tested before shipping.

After negotiation and when we came to the 74K price, they told me the car is ready and I went to check it, I notice that there is Bluetooth device registered under the name "Nokia Koffer 1" this looks like a german device because Koffer is a german word. Does Audi test some cars in Germany before shipping them.

Sorry for the typos, I am on my iPad typing this and I am trying to decide if I need to pull the trigger. the have other RS5 cars on the lot but they have more options than what I want and are convertible. and this car matches what i need exactly.
Dani_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 153

So... $2k off + $1k loyalty?

If that's the car you want, I don't see anything wrong with the deal. Or the 45 miles. In the grand scheme of things this will not have any effect on your enjoyment of the car. I say go for it.
Premium Plus, Nav, Carbon Atlas Inlays

Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
So... $2k off + $1k loyalty?

If that's the car you want, I don't see anything wrong with the deal. Or the 45 miles. In the grand scheme of things this will not have any effect on your enjoyment of the car. I say go for it.
I am just worried some abused the car before 45 miles and 9k RPM is not good.

is 3K off MSRP a good deal?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 238868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani_x View Post

The cars are all tested in Germany, it's typical for them to have a few miles on them.
Egan917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 49914

Quote:

A few things.. As mentioned, the cars are driven from the factory to the docks for shipping during which time they are tested for faults..45 miles is average and they dont abuse them on the way..

The dealer invoice price for a 2014 RS5 manual coupe with no options is
$65,623.. You should be able to work it up from there asking them to discount the options you add accordingly.. 3k off of MSRP is not so good a deal..If you have bought cars before from them, they can do better..

2013 S5 Monsoon Grey Metallic
Premuim Plus
MMI Nav
Sports Diff
Parking system with rear Cam
Audi Connect
Bluetooth
B&O Sound System
19" 5 spoke wheels
Advanced Key system
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Black Nappa Leather
H&R OE Springs
H&R Wheel Spacers
Hy Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
A few things.. As mentioned, the cars are driven from the factory to the docks for shipping during which time they are tested for faults..45 miles is average and they dont abuse them on the way..

The dealer invoice price for a 2014 RS5 manual coupe with no options is
$65,623.. You should be able to work it up from there asking them to discount the options you add accordingly.. 3k off of MSRP is not so good a deal..If you have bought cars before from them, they can do better..
I left the dealer to think about it, hmm so for an RS5 u think I should shoot around 70k for 77k msrp? I have been looking online and I see a lot of comments that it is hard to do that for such a rare car, also true car and Edmonds are averaging 1k bellow MSRP.

I jUst want to get feed back for what should be fair price. Thanks again .
Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
I left the dealer to think about it, hmm so for an RS5 u think I should shoot around 70k for 77k msrp? I have been looking online and I see a lot of comments that it is hard to do that for such a rare car, also true car and Edmonds are averaging 1k bellow MSRP.

I jUst want to get feed back for what should be fair price. Thanks again .
While there's about a 5k difference between invoice and retail on a stock RS5, the difference between invoice and retail on the options is minimal. If you get 10k in options retail, the invoice on those is about 9k. If you get more than 1-2k off an RS5 you're getting a great deal, and getting more than say $3k off is almost unheard of.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan917 View Post
While there's about a 5k difference between invoice and retail on a stock RS5, the difference between invoice and retail on the options is minimal. If you get 10k in options retail, the invoice on those is about 9k. If you get more than 1-2k off an RS5 you're getting a great deal, and getting more than say $3k off is almost unheard of.
Just to clarify, except for the freight charge which has no dealer markup, currently an Audi base car and factory options all have the same gross profit margin from MSRP: 7%. Only when you get into dealer installed options do the margins go up significantly. So, the math to calculate standard dealer invoice: MSRP "sticker" total - freight x 93% + freight.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/50K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
Just to clarify, except for the freight charge which has no dealer markup, currently an Audi base car and factory options all have the same gross profit margin from MSRP: 7%. Only when you get into dealer installed options do the margins go up significantly. So, the math to calculate standard dealer invoice: MSRP "sticker" total - freight x 93% + freight.
You managed to say that much more clearly than I was trying to haha
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 264250

My RS5 had just over 40 miles when delivered right off the truck from the port. Only 1,500 RS5's are made each year, and each dealer, depending on volume may only have allocation for 1-6 of them a year. While a bigger discount may be had on a more commonplace S5, anything off the sticker of an RS5 other than loyalty money is considered a win.
Modiecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
audi, negotiation, price, s4