Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 Instrument cluster is BLANK

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oenophile
Yes, it starts and runs and all else works as it normally would.
Everything works except the center (2'x4"ish) digital panel.
For a week or two this area went off and on then it then it went blank full time.
Yes, the top digital panel is still working.
I do get a loud beep ~30-40 seconds after starting and then moving the car.
It sounds like something we can help you out with. If for some reason, it absolutely can't be repaired, we would help locate a replacement. But here is the link to the service:

Repair Service 2005+ Audi Q7 A6 S6 S5 with Color TFT Screen

Let us know if you have any questions at all.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It works now! No idea why it just does. Instrument cluster is working again?? Started it a couple days back and there it was. It was 32degF. Not sure why I mention that as I can't imagine that has anything to do with it...
Old 11-07-2016, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Check your owner's manual on how to turn it off/on.

Originally Posted by Oenophile

Blank instrument cluster...any of you have this issue? What might be the fix?

Thanks
For most audis since 2K (and perhaps before) there's a square black button on the bottom edge of the windshield washer stalk on the RHS of the steering wheel. The stalk that you pull back to activate the washers, yes?
Anyway, with the engine on you can turn the center display on/off by pushing that button.

It's possible the stalk/button is intermittent contact since your cluster seems to be working on and off. If you haven't 'exercised' that button since the car was new it may just be tarnished or corroded inside. Try turning the cluster off and on a dozen times and see if it stays on.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Rs5 blank center screen

Originally Posted by Tanin Auto
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site. We repair instrument clusters and also sell replacement parts like LCD screens.

What year is your S5?
I'm having same problem...checked wiper reset button and doesn't change. I have a vag com but not sure how to test to verify if cluster is bad or if it's just a setting.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

My 2016 A6... that small black button under the right stalk only cycles the display through different modes.... but does not ever blank out the entire display.

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
For most audis since 2K (and perhaps before) there's a square black button on the bottom edge of the windshield washer stalk on the RHS of the steering wheel. Anyway, with the engine on you can turn the center display on/off by pushing that button.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My cluster has been replaced and is working just fine.

The short story is Audi stepped up and split the cost with me. I thank them for that as it saved me a fair bit of cash.

The long story is a bit painful so I'll just say the real action started after I received a questionnaire from Audi customer service. I forwarded this questionnaire to my rep who had not been responding. I said nothing more than "Do you really want me to fill this out?" The next day a supervisor level rep called me with the fix offer.

Happy in the end...