Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 to RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 to RS5

Well they say out with the old and in with the new. She has finally arrived from her European Vacation. Just sold my Sprint Blue S5 for my New RS5 in Panther Black. Euro delivery should be on everyone's bucket list. Second time doing this and what an amazing trip. The best was following the Police at 140mph and having them move over so I could get to 165 mph. She definitely had more but with complete darkness and traffic its all i could muster. So far i'm in love with the new ride but dam it needs a new exhaust. I have looked at Milltek,Awe, Capristo, any suggestions as its really for sound and a little diet to stainless. wish we could make more power with boosting the motor. Here are couple of photos but will be posting more later on.
Attached Images      

Last edited by s5forum; 01-05-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats, looks great.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Stunning. The Euro thing sounds great.

Best
Old 01-08-2015, 04:39 AM
jgd
Banned

Very nice, congratulations
Old 01-08-2015, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Congrats! You bought the RS5 the right way. I did ED as well. Stayed almost 4 weeks. Not much compares to blasting down the Autobahn at 174 mph for miles at a time. I spent much of my time in Northern Germany where most of the Autobahn has light traffic and no speed limits for miles. I have a customer there and combined the whole thing with a business trip. It's more difficult to stretch its legs in the more populous parts of Germany. At the end of my trip I had over 4000 miles on the ODO and the car was well broken in. Drove around The Netherlands, Germany and my birthplace Switzerland.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, ED sounds awesome!

How long does it take for the car to travel from Germany to the US?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
Yeah, ED sounds awesome!

How long does it take for the car to travel from Germany to the US?
Audi quotes 11-13 weeks. Mine arrived after 10 weeks and I'm on the West Coast. East Coast can be as fast as 8 weeks. Once the car arrives at the port of Emden, they'll tell you what ship it's getting on and then you can track the ship. Before that it's a bit of radio silence about the whereabouts of your car, but you can email your dealer and they contact the ED people and they can tell you where your car is.

There are several places where you can drop the car off. There is one drop-off in Emden and then I assume it's even faster. In my case it took 4 weeks alone for the car to be transported from Zurich to Emden and get loaded on a ship.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-08-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm.... So you must keep your old car while all this is going on...

- Do you start making payments when you pick it up in Germany? Or do they really let you drive it 4k miles for free?

Curious, as I wouldn't want to make double payments for 4 months.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
Hmmm.... So you must keep your old car while all this is going on...

- Do you start making payments when you pick it up in Germany? Or do they really let you drive it 4k miles for free?

Curious, as I wouldn't want to make double payments for 4 months.
The car has to be paid for before you leave for Germany. Payment is due once your pick up got confirmed. If you lease or need a loan that means you'll start making payments a couple of weeks before you even head to Germany, if you pay cash like I did, this isn't really an issue. In addition you have to write a check for the 19% VAT. This goes into an escrow account and you get the money back once the car arrives stateside within 6 months. If you stay longer than 6 months, the car becomes personal property and is no longer considered an export, so the Germans want the VAT. Yes, you need transportation while you are waiting for your car to arrive. I traded in my S4 at the time I paid for the RS5 and I drove our second car while I was waiting for my car to arrive.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting... Thanks for clarifying the process.

I just leased a '15 S4, so I'm good for a few years... But you always need to be planning the next move... Enjoy!

Quick Reply: S5 to RS5